Esteemed Contributor

Re: My closet: From mishmash to mash-up...

What a fun post! I love all the different pieces you've put together - some really great thrify items! They all look great on you, and they're my kind of style as well. BTW, the white puffer does not make you look like a marshmallow! LOL! Looks great!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Awesome --- as usual!  I seriously love all your items!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse   What a great deal on your Naadam cashmere!  I'd love to know what you think of it when you get it.  I get a lot of use out of my gray sweaters.  Another preconceived notion I had about cashmere before I owned one was that it was strictly for winter, but I can wear the lighter weight ones in the spring and fall and not die of heat.  I'd get the rotary blade de-piller.

Thank you @AngelPuppy1  and @jannabelle1  (Phew, what a relief, janna, cuz marshmallow is not a look I'm fond of hahaha!)

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF thanks for your recommendation.  I'll come back and let you know how I like the sweater, once it gets here. I was a little hesitant to order it, even at such a great price, not having owned anything cashmere before and thinking it might be too "fussy". 😊

I'm really enjoying your outfits and I'm getting lots of styling ideas. I especially liked seeing what you put together with your joggers (love them, btw) since I purchased my first pair recently and have been looking for ideas on how to style them!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is the last of my winter pics.  Almost all of the wool and cashmere sweaters (and coat, scarves, etc.) are already stored away.  I haven't yet stored the camo and pink Nordy Signature turtleneck (below) because they're light weight and I'm still wearing them (we're in that transitional period where temps fluctuate wildly).

Jeans:  I lived in the two AG Harper slim/straight jeans, the Rag & Bone (shown earlier) and the DG2 jeggings in winter (also a few Guiliana skinnies...dark wash and black). 

All of the tops...16 tops, 3 neck warmers, four scarves, and a few pairs of gloves...were in regular rotation for about two months or so and styled two or three different ways.

I have this horrible feeling that I'm not going to need a durned thing for winter for several years, severely limiting my shopping...how sad is that I ask ya!?

Old Talbot's poncho

Thrifted Lauren by RL brown/white striped blouse (has already been re-donated...didn't love it, don't need it, go figure...loss = $3)

AG Harper (darker wash that I cut/frayed)

Thrifted Universal Threads boots

20210328_140039.jpg

20210328_150147.jpg

I liked the fit of the Talbot's poncho so much that I re-purposed 2 old fleece ruanas into ponchos using the Talbot's as a template (re-cut the ruana and about 15 seconds of sewing it together...cost = $7).

Old pink/white/black plaid fleece ruana re-made into poncho

Old black Nordy Signature cashmere turtleneck

Old DG2 jeggings

Old Blondo suede boots

20210319_145009.jpg

Old blue/periwinkle/white plaid fleece ruana re-made into poncho

Trina Turk silk/cashmere neck warmer

Blue Vince sweatshirt (transitional piece, but worn with base layer)

Old Charcoal cashmere gloves

AG Harper

Old Franco Sarto boots

20210131_155810.jpg

French Connection brown/white stripe cotton t-neck (normally I stay away from stripes, but this is sooooo cozy and warm that I don't care hahaha)

Old DG2 jeggings

Old Blondo suede boots

20210327_154811.jpg

Nordy Signature "pink polish" cashmere turtleneck...this is truly a beautiful shade of pink...it's still available (I got it on sale sz lrg Item #6096558)...it's thinner and not as soft/luxurious as the black NS t-neck I bought 3 years ago, but it's not itchy on me and works well with layers and also works in warmer weather...the color alone is worth the great price

Thrifted necklace (faux...I actually don't like the necklace with this sweater)

Old DG2 jeggings

20210319_143712.jpg

Thrifted Croft & Barrow wool blend sweater jacket w/leather front panels

AG Harper (my favorite winter jean...has a lighter wash and some whiskering/fading as compared to the darker wash pair that I cut/frayed...inseam is 32)

20210321_143328.jpg

These are the only winter scarves left in my closet...I'm not a big fan of scarves and haven't bought one in ages...these are definite "needs" in winter...

At 12 o'clock:  Thrifted lambswool boucle purple and lavendar NWT from Ireland, Kerry Woolen Mills (I tried every possible lighting situation to get a good shot of the gorgeous coloration of this scarf, but I gave up...photos do not do it justice)

Clockwise:  Red and black cashmere w/fringe (these have already been donated cuz I love and wore the Trina Turk neck warmers and these were superfluous...they come and they go hahaha)

Denim friendly blue patterned Cashmink from SteinMart (I miss SM...so sad they're gone!)

Thrifted multi-colored cashmere from Jerusalem, NWT

Fleece pink/white tie die shawl

20210324_223907.jpg

Onward to transitional!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

So enjoy your posts and photos.  You look great in all your outfits.  

Frequent Contributor

@MacDUFF the repurposed ruanas are good colors on you!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Fantastic stuff!  All great -- and you look great! So nice of you to share your fashion finds and mash-ups!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF I love the additional pics! That's quite innovative of you to transform the ruanas into ponchos and they look great! I also love the way you put things together - they've inspired me! As far as not needing to buy anything for next winter... define "need". 😏

As promised, I'm coming back to let you know about the cashmere sweater, which arrived this morning. I'm very pleased with it! It's very soft! It's a little on the thin side but that's a good thing here in Texas because we don't get enough really cold weather to warrant very heavy sweaters. I purchased a size down because my size was no longer available when I ordered it, but it fits great. If anything,  it's a little on the roomy side. Now to wait another 7 or 8 months before it gets cold enough to wear it! (It's going to be 100 degrees today and I don't expect cool weather to return before fall.)

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Really loving your red poncho outfit. Looks great on you.