Esteemed Contributor

Re: My cashmere sweaters arrived today

@Kachina624 wrote:

@cherry.  Don't you have to dry clean those cashmere sweaters?

I always machine wash my cashmere sweaters in gentle, cold, & lay flat to dry. They come out beautifully!

L&T has great sales on pullovers & button downs in every conceivable color during the holidays @ $39. They've been doing this for several years. (No variety in length or style, though.)

Respected Contributor

I read on line how to wash Cashmere  sweaters  and it was recommended to use  Baby Shampoo. Love the feel and breathability of Cashmere. Great for traveling and temperature changes. I started collecting them. I live in a cold, Up North area so need warm clothing many months. Enjoy those sweaters.....

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

3 of them are sold out. I will see if any are left in the other sweater

@cherry   I had two of the Precious Fibers which I really enjoyed but I lost some weight and gave them to a rescue for trafficked women.

Honored Contributor

@cherry 

Enjoy your new sweaters! If I still lived up north, I’d be right there with you! 

Trusted Contributor

I bought two very nice cashmere sweaters from Norm Thompson online but the website finally shut down.  They had very nice clothes.  Went back one day to see what they had and poof was gone!

Honored Contributor

I have one cashmere sweater, an Isaac that I got on a primetime special. It's grey. I don't like the pilling on the sleeves but I do like the sweater.

I hand wash it in the sink with Woolite

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

You can buy a sweater stone and rub it on the pills to remove them @Greeneyedlady21 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cashmere sweaters have been my go-to top in cool weather for many years. I have a lot of them. A LOT of them. They're lightweight, warm and go with just about everything. I even have a few cashmere hoodies and am considering hunting down a cashmere robe. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~