Contributor

In looking for something to wear this AM, since the weather has turned so cold, realized how much clothing I have that I am not wearing. Just foolishing purchasing new and wearing that. So for 2011 I am going to shop my closet and wear what I have. I know its hard to say I will not make any new clothing/jewelry purchases for 1 year, but I think I actually could and still wear things that are new or hardly worn. My biggest problem is that I need to lose 20 lbs and I would have more than enough to wear. I have indulged in shoes, purses, coats and all sorts of clothing that is filling my closets and dresser drawers. I plan to wear what I have, get into what I can't and then if I decide I don't like or if it needs to move on then take to the consignment store or donate to someone who needs or a sister. Its a tall wish to make but I think if I could do this in 1 year I would be smaller, have a bigger savings account and not be regretful of the money I have wasted. I am not asking for anyone to join in I just wanted to put my thoughts down hoping that I can accomplish this. Its 1 year. How many 1 years have gone by so fast in the past. I think also in doing this I would feel like I have more control over my life. That I actually control my life not the magazines telling me what I need to be stylish, not the sales telling me that I should buy because its a good deal. Some of you may think, what the heck is she ranting about, but some of you may feel the same way, maybe I did need to vent I don't know. But I am going to try. It may not work, but I am going to try.