Honored Contributor

My New D & Co. Twill Jean Jacket (A199936)

I ordered this D & Co. twill jean style jacket (A199936) a couple of weeks ago when the Q had a weekend fashion sale. Got it for $37 instead of $53. I’ve been wanting something like this for awhile. It arrived the other day. 

It is well made. The material is a bit stiff, but I expected that due to fabric content & reviews. I definitely did not want a knit jacket. I would have preferred plain metal or wood buttons, but the bling buttons aren’t too much for me. I sized down because I prefer a fitted jacket, and I knew I would only wear this with a tank or short sleeve tee underneath. I like the length. Not cropped but not too long either. 

Here are a few outfits I’ve been making with it. I have straight, slim, skinny, and trouser jeans in various blue washes that I will wear on the bottom. Can you tell I love striped tops? Now I just need somewhere to go. LOL! 

9293BEF7-AF37-40F3-856C-8E652B9334EA.jpeg

0EA471D2-BB63-4399-A92D-F6E27055A812.jpeg

IMG_0220.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: My New D & Co. Twill Jean Jacket (A199936)

@wilma 

I really like it!

I wish they made a short sleeved version for summer when you have deal with freezing A/C inside stores, restaurants, movies, etc., but you can take off in the heat outside.

I just did a search for short sleeved jackets and QVC has NONE, with the exception of a french terry primetime special and a short sleeved puffer jacket(?).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I like this jacket in the photos.  Why?  Because the length is virtually the same as the sleeve length.  I hate those short cropped jackets.  If you are into those, with the bonus of short sleeves, One World on HQ has one.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@wilma 

I really like it!

I wish they made a short sleeved version for summer when you have deal with freezing A/C inside stores, restaurants, movies, etc., but you can take off in the heat outside.

I just did a search for short sleeved jackets and QVC has NONE, with the exception of a french terry primetime special and a short sleeved puffer jacket(?).

@KingstonsMom 

I remember having a short sleeve summer jacket many years ago. It was more of a dressy short sleeve blazer than a jean jacket. I don’t see those anymore. Did you try a larger Google search?  I have seen some 3/4 sleeve versions. 

I’m always cold in restaurants so the long sleeves on this this will be another option for me to wear when we can go back out again. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I like this jacket in the photos.  Why?  Because the length is virtually the same as the sleeve length.  I hate those short cropped jackets.  If you are into those, with the bonus of short sleeves, One World on HQ has one.  

@depglass 

I also hate short, cropped jackets, too!

This length would be perfect (for me) if it had short sleeves!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I like striped tops too!  Your new jacket looks great with the tops. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@wilma Cute!  Hope you enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@wilma  - great choice.  You can wear this jacket forever and always be "in style".  I can't tell on my screen - is this a sand color or what color is it?  Looking forward to seeing a pic of you wearing it in the future.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom , why don't you just cut the sleeves to the length you want,  just remember to leave about 1/2 inch to turn under,  and hem them. You can even use magic sew for the hemming.  Easy if the jacket dosen't have a lineing.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@wilma  - great choice.  You can wear this jacket forever and always be "in style".  I can't tell on my screen - is this a sand color or what color is it?  Looking forward to seeing a pic of you wearing it in the future.  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal 

It’s white.