Trusted Contributor

Watch for the twofer sales they have on occasion. I got the regular and travel size with case for $16. They are fabulous, and the travel size stays in my suitcase ready to go.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Sheesh! I've been meaning to get one of these for all my Whisper Knits, got the Linen color!

Trusted Contributor

HELP!! I know the only "stupid" question is one not asked, right????

OK, on that basis, I got the Joy Steamer (2) a few months ago.

Please explain best way to "steam???"

I got a Marla Wynn sweater that I folded and wanted to wear last week. Tried to "steam" away many wrinkles with little effect!

Was my problem that I tried to steam with sweater flat on bed??

Maybe I filled up too high with water???

Many thanks!

Honored Contributor

I hang the clothing item I want to steam from a hanger and in my case hang from a pantry door pull. The steamer works the best in an upright position because if it tilts slightly, the water sputters out and you could burn yourself slightly with the sputtered water. I end up moving the clothing around to get all the wrinkles out and keep the steamer upright and pointed at the clothing.

It will not work like a steamer if the clothing is on a flat table and then you try to steam-- the steamer would have the water pour out onto the clothing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this info, sheesh. I have one and could not agree more that it's a great purchase, but unfortunately it didn't last as long as I thought it should, possibly related to deposits left by the hard water we have here. Having said that, I'm headed over to that channel right now to get another one. The price can't be beat!

Honored Contributor

I use filtered water with mine but I still get some deposits on the metal heater. To remove those deposits I add some white vinegar with the water and let it sit a bit Then I rinse off the vinegar inside and do a complete steamer of water without the water steaming anything. I do this to remove any remaining vinegar in the chamber

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/24/2015 JustJazzmom said:

I use filtered water with mine but I still get some deposits on the metal heater. To remove those deposits I add some white vinegar with the water and let it sit a bit Then I rinse off the vinegar inside and do a complete steamer of water without the water steaming anything. I do this to remove any remaining vinegar in the chamber

I'm so glad I saw your post- I've been trying to figure out how to clean the metal part. Joy's had several versions of them and some weren't the best. I love My Little Steamer and didn't want to chance getting a new one!

Respected Contributor

I have that Little Steamer thanks to your recommendation months ago, Sheesh. I love it and what a time saver. No more dragging out that dreaded ironing board.

Valued Contributor
Thanks so much, Sheesh. I just ordered it in the graphite color.
Respected Contributor

I have 2, love them. If you have college kids this is a must for them also!