Honored Contributor

I know - most of you are way ahead of me, but I took a chance and ordered the Women in Control recent TSV A295667 in black. I was skeptical, but decided I COULD try to wear these like I wear tights. And at least they WOULD keep my legs warm! 

So they came and I tried them on. I put a t-shirt and a long buttoned up cardigan over them. Not bad. I showed DD, who said, "Mom, those look great on you!" Really? I asked her if I could get away with the look and she told me absolutely. She's very honest about fashion with me, and if something doesn't look good she'll tell me. 

So I will be wearing leggings some once the weather gets cooler. I will never wear them without something on top coming almost to my knees, and I will probably wear them with boots or ankle boots most of the time.

These are really comfortable and feel so great on. (I'm 5'3-1/2" but I'm long legged, so I ordered the regular. They are not too long at all.) 

Go figure! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Pair of Leggings

Daughters are the best, good for you expressing yourself with fashion the way you want to. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Good for you,

Image result for small thumbs up smiley face image

Honored Contributor

Nope, I only wear leggings during my daily workout. I'm just not brave enough to wear them in public, no matter what I wear to supposedly go with them. I wear them with short dresses and thats about it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I know - most of you are way ahead of me, but I took a chance and ordered the Women in Control recent TSV A295667 in black. I was skeptical, but decided I COULD try to wear these like I wear tights. And at least they WOULD keep my legs warm! 

So they came and I tried them on. I put a t-shirt and a long buttoned up cardigan over them. Not bad. I showed DD, who said, "Mom, those look great on you!" Really? I asked her if I could get away with the look and she told me absolutely. She's very honest about fashion with me, and if something doesn't look good she'll tell me. 

So I will be wearing leggings some once the weather gets cooler. I will never wear them without something on top coming almost to my knees, and I will probably wear them with boots or ankle boots most of the time.

These are really comfortable and feel so great on. (I'm 5'3-1/2" but I'm long legged, so I ordered the regular. They are not too long at all.) 

Go figure! Smiley Wink

Good for you, leggings are the best for winter. Put on a nice tunic top or cardigan and boots.  I have bear paws etc. and you are good to go.  Glad you discovered them.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Go figure! Smiley Wink

@beach-mom - how fun to try something new & finding a winner!

If you like to wear turtlenecks, you might like the 8/21 Halston sweater tunic, launching later tonight. It will look great with leggings.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  NOW you did it!   Bought one, and you'll be back for more, they are like those Lay's Potato Chips.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom

so happy to hear that they worked for you!

the material she used for the TSV is quite nice.....i ordered two and was sorry i did not order them all now. i am going to go back and order the ones i dont have.

they were not too light and not too heavy....just right.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom, Better late than never to the world of leggings.  I'm glad you like the Women With Control leggings. They really are a good place to start for someone who is not completely comfortable wearing leggings as they have good weight and really do offer some figure enhancement.  You'll find your own way with the tops.  I assume you'll start with tunic lengths and take it from there.  I personally wear leggings with tops ranging from at the waist-to almost knee length.  

Enjoy and look great!

Honored Contributor

Gotta love our daughters, right?   I know whenever I step out of my comfort zone, it's always at the urging of one of my girls.  And they are always right.  Enjoy those leggings. If I can lose another 20lbs by next spring, I'll try a pair on.  Maybe...