Frequent Contributor

Re: Must they all require hand-wash?

I throw almost all my quacker in the wash and 90 percent in the dryer. Cold water medium heat. Have one hoodie with rhinestone zipper I wear to death..... maybe four or five years old. Have washed dozens of times and it comes out like New. Tops with appliques I hang or flat dry, but everything else goes into the dryer. Haven't had anything shrink or fade.

Frequent Contributor

I have four tops with sequins and because the fabric stretches after wearing, I wash mine in hot water and dry high in my dryer too to shrink them back to size. They still sparkle and are perfect.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/24/2014 3star said: I use the gentle cycle with cold water and lay flat to dry. The cycle on my machine is timed, so I use 10 minutes. The tops come out beautifully. I really don't think you need to actually hand wash.

I don't handwash ANYTHING and do what the above poster does, or send it to the dry cleaners (don't do that very often, though.)

Honored Contributor

They're just covering themselves: nothing can go wrong if you hand-wash. Just like the plants at Home Depot: all recommended for ""full sun.""