Honored Contributor

I'm not a bag person, but for some reason I'm attracted to Mulberry that quintessential British bag company.  Here are some new ones in pale slate (what a color!) 

This is called the Darley (my favorite)

This is the satchel

And the mini Keeley

They are all roughly in the 500 pound to 800 pound range.  Probably in American money from $600.00 to $800.00. Anybody here ever owned a Mulberry?

Trusted Contributor

i'm also not a bag person. Every one of those looks like it WEIGHS 500 pounds!! Those chains and heavy lock hardware and the stiff -looking leather don't look appealing to me, though the color is lovely for spring and summer.  I'd spend several hundred American dollars some other way.

But only speaking for myself.

Respected Contributor

Nice Mulberrys but i don't care for front flap handbags nor chain straps.

i own a Roxanne purchased maybe 15 years ago.  it's a big bag with lots of pockets and hardware.   i hesitate spending a lot on handbags these days. some styles become dated. 

you may get more activity posting  in the Handbag forum

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that they are quality bags, but they are pretty much the opposite style to what I like. Much too structured and ladylike.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Mulberry bags

[ Edited ]

@gizmogal wrote:

i'm also not a bag person. Every one of those looks like it WEIGHS 500 pounds!! Those chains and heavy lock hardware and the stiff -looking leather don't look appealing to me, though the color is lovely for spring and summer.  I'd spend several hundred American dollars some other way.

But only speaking for myself.

These are very light bags.  They are also small, following the trend of smaller bags.  The leather is not stiff, but soft.  I've felt them before.  Mulberry is the name brand of the UK's version of high end bags.