Honored Contributor

Muk Luks Cabin Socks Sizing

[ Edited ]

I ordered these today in a S/M.  I wear a size 8 shoe.  The size guide says a S/M is a 6 - 8 and L/XL is 9 - 11.  I've looked at the cabin socks on other websites, and they say that the S/M is a 5 - 7 and the L/XL is 8 - 10.  One review said they fit snugly.  She said she wore a size 6 shoe, and the S/M were quite snug.

Are these Muk Luks made especially for QVC with different sizing?  I looked at other Muk Luks cabin socks on QVC's website, and the S/M goes up to a 7.  I really don't want to have to return these.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Muk Luks Cabin Socks Sizing

I would be concerned they would shrink , so i would go up.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would be concerned they would shrink , so i would go up.

@goldensrbest  I'm afraid of the sizing, so I cancelled them.  Fortunately they were on Advance Order and I was able to.  When I checked out they told me they were in stock.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I am also an 8 and ordered ath X/XL and if they are not too girly DH might share them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I bought a couple pair of these last year. I wear an 8 and I bought a large/x-large. They fit nicely, although a bit large. I think I could also wear a small in these. I've washed them many, many times and they don't shrink. They do however stretch out a bit and the fleece lining gets matted down a bit. 

I bought a pair in the store that were marked "medium" and they were HUGE. My husband wears them. Fortunately he likes them a lot. 

They're great slipper-socks and I wear them all the time. 

Respected Contributor

I think these socks are so cute. I'm trying to decide between the grey and the pink. I wear a size 8 and according to the vendor, I should order the S/M, but I think I'm going to order the L/XL. I would rather have them a little bit too big than too tight.

This TSV is a really good value. Kohl's has the individual cabin socks (not the same colors) for $11.19 (with a 20% coupon). According to their sizing chart, a size 5-7 is S/M and a size 8-10 is L/XL.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I think these socks are so cute. I'm trying to decide between the grey and the pink. I wear a size 8 and according to the vendor, I should order the S/M, but I think I'm going to order the L/XL. I would rather have them a little bit too big than too tight.

This TSV is a really good value. Kohl's has the individual cabin socks (not the same colors) for $11.19 (with a 20% coupon). According to their sizing chart, a size 5-7 is S/M and a size 8-10 is L/XL.

@lmt  Yes, I looked at Kohl's, too, and Amazon.  That's why I wondered if the TSV was specifically made for QVC with different sizing.  I was able to cancel my order of the S/M and am trying to decide whether to reorder the L/XL.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Do you think 13 yr old girls would like these?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest  That's such a hard age to know what they would like.  I would probably ask their mother before buying them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes.