Re: Movie being made about Joy Mangano!

That's funny.

Honored Contributor

dp

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 brii said:

I don't get why there is a move being made about her. I can't imagine it's going to be very popular.

The movie will be HUGE...it's made by one of the hottest directors in Hollywood, starring one of the best actresses.

Valued Contributor

How long before it comes to Amazon Prime? I want to be ready when it does...bwahahahaha

Maria

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/11/2014 brii said:

I don't get why there is a move being made about her. I can't imagine it's going to be very popular.

The movie will be HUGE...it's made by one of the hottest directors in Hollywood, starring one of the best actresses.

I doubt it will be "huge"
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 brii said:

At least one of whom I think was probably stoned when the idea came up. I have no other explanation for the idea or for this interview:

"He recently texted me at, I think, 4 in the morning, and was like, 'I think I want to make a movie about the woman who invented the . . . [Miracle] Mop. You want to do it?' And I was like, yeah," Lawrence, 23, said on "Live! With Kelly and Michael."

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 brii said:
On 9/11/2014 brii said:

I doubt it will be "huge"

The last 2 movies the director made with Jennifer Lawrence were "Silver Linings Playbook" and "American Hustle" - two big box office & critically acclaimed hits.

Esteemed Contributor

I would imagine that not all that many people who have bought a "Miracle Mop" have any idea who invented it, or care for that matter. The only reason I know who Joy Mangano is is because I bought some of her huggable hangers and a steamer from HSN. I was not happy about some things with the hanger "sets" that I received, and felt that she was not being that honest in some of her presentations. Many other reviewers had the same experiences, but whenever she gets ready to bring out a new HH TSV, all those reviews disappear. I like her hangers, but there were problems with the "additions" to the sets.

This turned me off on her and her products, so I personally would have no interest in seeing a movie about her, no matter who directs it or who stars in it. JMHO {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

People will see it because of Jennifer Lawrence- 99% will have absolutely no idea who Joy is. I wouldn't know either except that I have seen her name on the boards/forum. I don't watch HSN.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like a real snoozer to me ........ I think this is a joke, right!