Esteemed Contributor

Re: Most Worn Clothing

[ Edited ]

Jeans jeans jeans all summer because I can't get my fat covid butt into any of my summer crops and I refuse to buy new when I have about 12 or more perfectly nice ones waiting for my butt to go down a size or two or three. So the jeans it is. Accompanied by 3/4 sleeved T-shirts to cover my fat covid upper arms.

The jeans are only a size 10 but about to bust wide open any minute now. Thank heavens for some spandex in them. I'm a fat covid mess. 

Esteemed Contributor

My jeans....I even wear them some in the summer months.  By reading here on the fashion forum, I find that most people have several pairs of jeans.  Up until about 3 years ago, I had 2 pair of jeans that I wore for years.  I've slowly added some to my wardrobe but still only have 7 pair that I will wear but mostly reach for the same 3 or 4.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Since being retired I wear casual pants and tops.  I do have dressy pants and tops for special occasions.  But for everyday wear I prefer to be comfortable and wear clothing that isn't tight fitting or clinging.  

Honored Contributor

I always wear the same things .... just different basic colors and different fabrics.  

Categories:  casual, semi-dressy, dressy.  Depends on where I'm going.  

• Full length pants  (various leg styles)

• Unless the weather is really hot, two tops -. layering a shirt over a tank or sleeveless top or a vest over a shirt, jacket over a shirt, etc.

Just about everything within a category mixes/matches with everthing else in the category - so combinations are almost endless.  

I don't even think about how often I wear something.  I can't see that it even matters.

Honored Contributor

Jeans and some kind of top (T-shirt, floral blouse, pullover top - add a hoodie, crew neck sweatshirt, cardigan or pullover sweater when the weather cools down) is pretty much what I live in unless I have a reason to dress up.  However, I recently discovered floral stretchy leggings.  Pre weight loss I wouldn't have been caught dead them but these days I love them. DH a always compliments me when I wear them too. 

Honored Contributor

If I'm not in a bathing suit, I'm in stretchy capris (usually black) and a Columbia SPF shirt in a bright color or a long tee in a bright color.

I do have a few pairs of Democracy capris that are super comfortable and usually just a summer-y top with them.  Just got 4 pairs this summer and do get a lot of wear out of them.

But the plain black capris are my *go-to*.  I can walk, bike, garden, lounge around in them and be super comfortable. 

In colder weather, I love these black pants from INC (Macy's).  Can dress them up or down, (I wore them to a wedding reception!) but they are super comfortable.  Same thing, walk, bike, garden or lay around.  What I like about them the most, they stay black, forever.  I've bought close to a dozen pairs because I like them so much and I just know they'll stop making them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

Foxcroft blouses with a coordinating tee so I can leave them unbuttoned and full length jeans or pants. In winter, I replace the blouses with a jean or similar jacket.

@On It 

Where do you buy your Foxcroft blouses please?

Trusted Contributor

T shirts, Jorts and sandals

Esteemed Contributor

Yoga pants, T-shirts and hoodies, which make up most of my wardrobe.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I’m an exception as, in the summer, I wear everything such as: skirts, flowing summer dresses, sun dresses, T-shirt dresses, slacks, capris and Bermuda shorts. Everything is mostly cotton.  When exercising, I wear Yoga skorts or workout shorts . I love JCrew’s shelf-bra tanks & vintage Tees. Also have several dressier sleeveless tops. I find jeans just too hot in the summer but come Fall & winter, I wear them along with corduroy pants, trousers, skirts i& occasionally leggings.  I have several summer and winter blazers & utility type jackets  that I love along with cardies & shrugs.  I don’t really lounge around the house in sweats or pj’s, I dress in shorts with a nice Tee, capries or Yoga skort with a Tee or exercise type top.  Footwear is mostly Vionic sandals (I probably own 25 pairs) athletic sneakers for working out and kitten heels & wedges mostly for the skirts & dresses.  Love ankle boots and high boots in fall & wintr along with cashmere and Marino wool sweaters.