Esteemed Contributor

Re: Most Difficult Season For You To Make Outfits?

@Trinity11 wrote:

I am familiar with all those outdated books (published in 1980) such as "Color Me Beautiful" with all the swatches commanding women that they can't wear this or that. In actuality 99% of women can wear any color that appeals to them. It is dependent upon the saturation and hue. Way Bandy (makeup artist) told me that in the early 80's. In fact Ralph Lauren has always dressed his models in Fall colors and plenty of them are Winters.

It really is a shame that women believe these theories to the point of editing their wardrobe because of some arbitrary rules set up like the Commandments of Fashion.

I wear what I like and I have yet to meet a woman that can't break the rules and look fashionable and beautiful. No one is saying to wear a brown shirt if you think it makes you look sallow. Just find a shade of Fall colors that do flatter you and remember fashion is supposed to be fun. Adjust your makeup if need be but to stop wearing Fall colors because of some rules set forth in 1980? Not on your life...😳

@Trinity11, well said.

I've never been one to follow the rules of fashion.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

None reallly

right now it's lack of activities to wear new clothes to

@jackthebear I feel the same way....no more gym, mah jongg or getting together with some friends (they are too afraid right now).  I try to go out once a week to dine outdoors with DH and an occasional friend who is willing.

Thus weekend is gorgeous out and DD will come over on Sunday...we will do a girls lunch out.  I should just consider myself very fortunate since we are all well and sustained no damage during the recent storm.

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I am familiar with all those outdated books (published in 1980) such as "Color Me Beautiful" with all the swatches commanding women that they can't wear this or that. In actuality 99% of women can wear any color that appeals to them. It is dependent upon the saturation and hue. Way Bandy (makeup artist) told me that in the early 80's. In fact Ralph Lauren has always dressed his models in Fall colors and plenty of them are Winters.

It really is a shame that women believe these theories to the point of editing their wardrobe because of some arbitrary rules set up like the Commandments of Fashion.

I wear what I like and I have yet to meet a woman that can't break the rules and look fashionable and beautiful. No one is saying to wear a brown shirt if you think it makes you look sallow. Just find a shade of Fall colors that do flatter you and remember fashion is supposed to be fun. Adjust your makeup if need be but to stop wearing Fall colors because of some rules set forth in 1980? Not on your life...😳

@Trinity11, well said.

I've never been one to follow the rules of fashion.

Truth be told the industry itself break all the rules @LIG1 . When a model is hired for a fashion show or print ad, there aren't certain "seasons" represented by certain models. Edith Head, didn't win all her Oscars dressing women by seasonal color theories. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 You have said it very well.  These ideas are just marketing concepts to get people to buy whole new wardrobes.