Esteemed Contributor

Re: Most Difficult Season For You To Make Outfits?

I am a winter, too. I keep the colors that I look best in. The only change I make is sleeve length, and also which jacket or sweater to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

No season is difficult for me. I dress according to the weather, yet is comfortable and looks good on me. Changing seasonal colors might work for some, but it makes no sense to me personally. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I don’t have a difficult time putting together outfits for the four seasons here but the season I most dislike is winter because whenever I do run out to a store (I’m retired) I have a heavy coat on so no one really sees what I’m wearing. 

Honored Contributor

Every since I read Linda Dano's book "Looking Great" back in 1997 .... I've had no issues with my wardrobe.  From the blurb at Amazon:'

"TV actress and fashion consultant shares her beauty and fashion secrets in a guide to style that offers common-sense advice on shopping, fashion, and ways to look great without spending a fortune."

Not exactly "everything goes with everything" .... but close.   

Honored Contributor

I don't really find any season difficult for me to dress. I have pieces, colors, and outfits that I like for all 4 seasons. I like layering with cardigans, jackets, and blazers so if I had to select my favorite seasons for dressing it would be spring and fall. 

Honored Contributor

The good thing for having a color season -- I am some version of a summer -- is that my wardrobe choices usually match up close enough.

I don't have a specific winter wardrobe.  I just pull on a jacket when it's needed.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever "made outfits". 

I dress in jeans or leggings, pick a top to wear and I'm done.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I never have difficulty putting outfits together.  What is hard is finding clothes that fit properly and look good on the person.  With these things at hand, it's just a matter of finding what is clean...  

Don't know what's wrong with black, white, cream and blue.  Shades of those and pink, some red, are my favorite colors.  Wear year round.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I love fall colors and luckily they love me.  I also love fall/winter fabrics and styles more than spring/summer.  Usually summer clothing seems to be made to wear for onr season and then throw out (though I don't).  It just seems so flimsy.  And I remember when fall brought in wonderful, durable wools and thicker fabrics.  I don't see that so much anymore though.  Sigh.  Also, I love boots, although I can rarely fit into them, and sweaters.  

@Icegoddess   Climate change, too warm for durable wools and thicker fabrics even during most days even in the dead of winter.  I've got sweaters several years old that I've never worn. 

@Kachina624 I live in The South and I would still wear woolens and sweaters all winter.  It still gets just as cold here as ever and I'm quite cold natured.  Some winters are colder than others.  We had a wetter and cooler summer than normal this year.  I think so far we have gotten 11" over average this year, but just a few years ago we went almost the entire sommer without rain.  It was like June hit and no rain again until September. I was sooo glad we had a sprinkler system, although I still had to manually water areas the system doesn't cover. 

I live in NYC and only rarely need a sweater, usually for air conditioners, or heating failures in the dead of winter.  I do need jackets and coats to go out once the temperature is down to the low 60s or below, since I walk or take public transportation to get around.  We had the wettest AND hottest July in recorded history in NYC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Fall is warm colors, and I'm cool, so, no I can't wear them.  My season is winter.  

@Foxxee 

I am a winter too!  This season is hard!

I'm a winter as well.  For me the best colors are cool jewel tones and I can find them much easier in the fall than over the summer.  

I like teal, deep purple, cobalt blue, deep wine, very dark brown, deep olive (with a blue tone)....most deep shades and I often find them for fall.  I just stay away from typical autumn shades of oranges, rust, greens & browns with yellow overtones.