Honored Contributor

Re: Most Buzzworthy from the home page ..... Is it just me? .....

Saw it and Not for me at all........

Respected Contributor

I think it's more about the fit than the style. If it fit better and the belt was cinched a little more, it would look 100x better. I've always felt fit is the most element to dressing well.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

A few days ago I saw one of the new hosts wearing this dress that's offered in the green. I wondered about it as well and then a day or two later there it is on the homepage in yellow. I can't recall which host it was but she looked good in it. The green btw is more a kelly green.

I looked at the video, because often the still photos leave a lot to be desired. One of the new hosts was wearing it in green (as you stated), and the Vince Camuto rep (can't come up with her name right now ...) had it on in the cream color with a jacket of some kind (she looks fantastic in most everything). In all fairness, it did look quite a bit better than it does in the homepage photo! (Have to say that I was surprised it was VC -- I thought maybe Du Jour or something like that.)

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I don't have cable so I watch alot of old TV shows.  This 1960's mod style dress with a ruffle hem is not new.  I didn't catch the 'designer' of this yellow one however I think if the ruffle had been straight and shorter, OR a double layer of short straight ruffles had been used, it could have passed off as a retro dress.

Related image

Image result for mod dress with ruffle hem

Image result for mod dress with ruffle hem

Seeing these feels like "home," @Bird mama  Woman Wink  Back in my sewing days, these were the patterns "we" all used.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I'll buzz about this (and I don't usually).  But OMG!  Is it just me?  Or do others think this is unflattering and hideous?  More like a Goodwill find.  Or even cute for a little girl.  But, I guess, it is buzzworthy!

6 Easy Pays on All Fashion, Shoes & Bags

Why is there a trend to make women cutesy, or maybe non-threatening, with alll these ruffles, and other childish additions to our clothing?  Is is because we are becoming stronger and more powerful?

Not that a well-done ruffle is always childish, but a lot of the newer offerings have been very juvenile.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Dude,  Totally Choice!  

Righteous 80s Rad! 

i am so sure, wicked b1 tchin!

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline   Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No it doesn’t look flattering on the home page. But I watched the presentation and I thought it was cute. I couldn’t wear it, but it is flattering on the presentation.
Then  while watching, I couldn’t help but think of Betty and Wilma on the Flintstones!! Had a good laugh. 😆

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i wore a dress like that in the early 80s.  Same silhouette..mine was blue with a v-shaped white fishnet inset at the neckline and a drop waist full ruffled skirt with a big white sash. i wore white MIA flats with the dress and mother of pearl shell earrings.  Madonna style...

i got the dress at Bradlees and when i wore it to my bank job i got a few looks but no one said i had to go home and change.

the dress in the video looks much nicer than the pic...very youthful style tho. do many 20 something buy from Q?

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach 

@GingerPeach wrote:

Why is there a trend to make women cutesy, or maybe non-threatening, with alll these ruffles, and other childish additions to our clothing?  Is is because we are becoming stronger and more powerful?

Not that a well-done ruffle is always childish, but a lot of the newer offerings have been very juvenile.

I don't mind the ruffles in the pattern drawing shown in this thread.  I like tasteful and feminine.  But this dress is off to me.  I just watched the video, and while it certainly looks better in the video than in the photo, it reminds me of beach cover-up, rather than a dress to go out in.