Respected Contributor

So last night I was flipping through the channels and got to the Q and

saw someone I didn't realize...I thought who is that with that hat?

Didn't even recognize the voice....so I continued to watch and it was Shawn...so that's OK but she was presenting the D&C jeggings.

I saw the purple and thought that was a nice color, went to the computer maybe 20 minutes later and saw they were sold out in regular and then in petite.  

So today, I just looked and they are available in a large and other sizes (not alot) but available also at a higher price since the price last night was an expiring price.

I'm batting 3 for 3, looking at the item, sold out and then coming back the next day to find it available at a higher price.

It's not cancellations since many people said once you order you cannot cancel so it's not that. I would think it's in the best interest of making available a product to sell than turning off a customer thinking it was sold out, many people wouldn't bother looking the next day.

Super Contributor

Re: Monday Night Fashion

[ Edited ]

I wonder if it's because the minute an item shows, people put one of every color in their cart, sometimes different sizes, then decide if they want them after they read the size charts or reviews.  I usually check after the show has aired to see if there are some available then.  I don't know about the D&C jeggings last night, but sometimes the host says the price is only good for the presentation or only good for the day. Edited to add, I just went to the video of the product, it is the one with Shawn hosting from last night, and she did say just remember the 5 easy pays and special pricing are only good until the end of the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Yea, had that happen to me on some items at were new  and at special price . I thought that maybe they only sell  a predetermined  amount  at a discounted price

I've even seen that  a sold out size pops back into inventory at a different airing in the same day  . . Then there is a possibility that people change their mind and cancel their order . It's just funny this has happened to me atleast 4-5 times.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling    Most likely credit card denials but some may be cancellations as there is a brief window for them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If it's in your cart, I understand that doesn't mean you have one reserved.  It's not until the final checkout that confirms you bought it and that's not even true anymore from what I've been reading on these posts that people say it says stock and then goes to back order.

I also don't believe people's credit cards are denied, you order doesn't go through until your card is accepted.  You can't order something and then have the item cancelled because your credit card is denied.

I have no idea what's going on and I'm not sure anyone else who's how this system works.  You have people buying a TSV at midnight and writing that the order now reads backordered.

I wish someone from the Q would explain the system so we're not guessing and being disappointed.  

So far everything I wanted to buy was available the NEXT day at a higher price.  Maybe it's just me.

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling @ Hi - They could also have ordered on a check status and then changed their minds.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

If it's in your cart, I understand that doesn't mean you have one reserved.  It's not until the final checkout that confirms you bought it and that's not even true anymore from what I've been reading on these posts that people say it says stock and then goes to back order.

I also don't believe people's credit cards are denied, you order doesn't go through until your card is accepted.  You can't order something and then have the item cancelled because your credit card is denied.

I have no idea what's going on and I'm not sure anyone else who's how this system works.  You have people buying a TSV at midnight and writing that the order now reads backordered.

I wish someone from the Q would explain the system so we're not guessing and being disappointed.  

So far everything I wanted to buy was available the NEXT day at a higher price.  Maybe it's just me.

@Just Bling The way our orders are managed make no sense.  They go to "in process" and then "backordered".  Sometimes I get an email that delivery is delayed, and I try to cancel, but am not allowed.  My best guess is that QVC has cut back on staff too much and trying to cut costs by "managing" its inventory.  In other words, they don't know what is in stock.  They are hurting their relationship with customers.