Honored Contributor

Re: Mon Sept 17 - G.I.L.I. TSV Jacket

I just got the email and I really like the pine green. I can't wait to see the presentation.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl

It looks nice in the photo with it unzipped but the little girl in a tutu look when it is zipped is pretty bad.

- Why would KL be wearing a QVC GILI jacket? 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl

It looks nice in the photo with it unzipped but the little girl in a tutu look when it is zipped is pretty bad.

@willdob3 - yes, the jacket does look odd in some of the photos. I think someone with a long torso might not find it a good fit bc of where the peplum hits. I need to see it presented before I decide to purchase or pass.

The GILI rep Jill also works at NBC Today show and supposedly KL is a big fan of GILI. Jill must have given her a sample jacket.  I don't watch the morning shows so I'm not sure what transpires except for what Jill posts on her Facebook page or what she shares during Q/GILI shows. I usually DVR the GILI shows. 

On a related note, I usually like Iman's Platinum line (suede and leather items), and she has a Platinum TS later this month. It might be a jacket...

Have a nice weekend! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This is the first style jacket from GILI that I like.  I won't be purchasing but it does look good.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

I don't like it at all.I don't care for that no collar look in jackets.

I like the jacket, but I don't like pleather, and I don't like there's no collar.  I do think the jacket is cute though.  It's a bit short, but I think Kathie Lee looks great in it!!  I don't think she looks like she's had too much work done.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

I like the jacket, but I don't like pleather, and I don't like there's no collar.  I do think the jacket is cute though.  It's a bit short, but it looks Kathie Lee looks great in it.  I don't think she looks like she's had too much work done.

@winamac1... 

We both don't, LOL ... and this one really looks like pleather, too, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Do we have any info on whether this jacket is leather or "pleather"?  If it's faux and relatively inexpensive, it might be cute for a season, but if it's leather, I won't spend that much money on a style that is bound to be passe'  in a few months.  Bell sleeves are enough of a PITA as it is, let alone in real leather! 

From the picture in the OP it looks like pleather to me.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

I like the jacket, but I don't like pleather, and I don't like there's no collar.  I do think the jacket is cute though.  It's a bit short, but it looks Kathie Lee looks great in it.  I don't think she looks like she's had too much work done.

@winamac1... 

We both don't, LOL ... and this one really looks like pleather, too, LOL.

Are we fine leather snobs!! Smiley Happy

@SoX

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I think Mary has it on now, but its not fitting her on the chest either,  why QVC does this over and over is beyond me

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl

@willdob3 - yes, the jacket does look odd in some of the photos. I think someone with a long torso might not find it a good fit bc of where the peplum hits. I need to see it presented before I decide to purchase or pass.

The GILI rep Jill also works at NBC Today show and supposedly KL is a big fan of GILI. Jill must have given her a sample jacket.  I don't watch the morning shows so I'm not sure what transpires except for what Jill posts on her Facebook page or what she shares during Q/GILI shows. I usually DVR the GILI shows. 

On a related note, I usually like Iman's Platinum line (suede and leather items), and she has a Platinum TS later this month. It might be a jacket...

Have a nice weekend! 

I read the measurements and its not too short..and I don't have anything in a peplum! Chi...you naughty girl...u know how many jackets I have..but I really LIKE this...I don't think the price is bad either and its on flex pay! Guiliana's jackets usually start at $129, unless its a TS~!..AND, I love a good faux leather because I'm an animal lover..(quit buying suedes and leather a long time ago!) I also think Kathy Lee looks awesome..she's a beautiful woman...ageless too! ONLY problem..WHAT COLOR???? HeartWoman Frustrated

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West