Honored Contributor

I liked MS back in the day.  What they had on at HSN didn't interest me at all.

Honored Contributor

@racada  I agree which is really too bad. Looks much like the loungewear here by anybody, cuddl duds and the like.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching right now on HSN -- definitely not the Modern Soul that I remember.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

Yes! I remember. Modern Soul was one of the first lines I bought from on the Q, and I remember it was where I first saw Linda Davies before she went to Liz Claiborne and ater Northern Nights. I had an olive green longer skirt that I loved. I was surprised to see it on HSN this morning. Looks like some proprietary lines are being resurrected--I see DuJour is also back. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Modern Soul

[ Edited ]

Jaspersmom, wasn't Susan Graver's line that featured fabric with tiny (same color) stripes called Simply Susan?

Over time, I bought a couple dozen (or more) from that line.

(BTW, there are numerous items from Simply Susan and Modern Soul on ebay.)

Trusted Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Jaspersmom, wasn't Susan Graver's line that featured fabric with tiny (same color) stripes called Simply Susan?

Over time, I bought a couple dozen (or more) from that line.

(BTW, there are numerous items from Simply Susan and Modern Soul on ebay.)

You are probably correct, but for some reason, I don't remember that name at all.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Respected Contributor

I have nothing to base this on but opinion, but I think all that has really made a come-back are the names.  I think that qvc and hsn are just re-using names of defunct brands.

Esteemed Contributor

The new Modern Soul is nothing like the original.  The original with Linda Davies as the rep was knitwear suitable to use as career clothing.  For those who are not familiar with the first Modern Soul, the styling was rather similar in tone to what Marla Wynne is presently doing for HSN.  I am guessing Quarate's plan for the new Modern Soul is to be the HSN equivalent to AnyBody on QVC.  If that is the case at least they decided not to do a crossover.  While I don't mind brands being presented on HSN and QVC, I do like a retailer to have some identity of its own.