Respected Contributor

Re: Models wearing the correct size

When I know the height, I have a fairly good idea of how long the pants are on the host or the model.  Leah is 5'9 and I am 5'9 also and if it looks too short on her I don't buy them. 

Honored Contributor

I think most of the time the stylists put the wrong size pants on the models.

It does not help sales, in my opinion, if the pants look sprayed on.  

Respected Contributor

I watch Marla Wynne on HSN and when a model is wearing the wrong size she will mention it.  She will tell them they need to be wearing a size larger if she thinks it's too tight or just not the correct size.  I like that.

Honored Contributor

bet the models don't.  One time Isaac told a gal she should had went up a size. LOL

Honored Contributor

The models have to wear the clothing that is at the QVC set.  If they do not  have model's current size on hand, should they send the model home?  

Sometimes  you just have to work with what you have.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The models have to wear the clothing that is at the QVC set.  If they do not  have model's current size on hand, should they send the model home?  

Sometimes  you just have to work with what you have.

@Carmie 

I never thought of that. Thanks for a

different perspective.

Occasional Contributor

I don't really care if the hosts are wearing the correct size, or the models, my main problem is I wish the hosts would consistently begin by telling us clothing details like, how high waisted it is, or fabric content, or show us all of the colors.  I really miss when some of the old pros like Marybeth, Jane, or Jill would explain about the products instead of talking about themselves the entire time.  Sometimes I wait and don't order because I'm waiting to hear pertinent information. I work in computers and on phones all day. I don't want to look stuff up at home, I want to veg out on the sofa and let them tell me what the details are.

Super Contributor

I don't know the models names----usually mulittasking when I watch, BUT, last night a model came on in Women With Control leggings----- oh my!  The pants were white.  You could see EVERY lump, bump, indention and cellulite pocket on her legs.  I love WWC pants---but if was a new watcher---- I would say,  " oh, heck no"!  What are the people dressing the models thinking?? Just my two cents!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

It's more than one model and host.  A rather frequent discussion here about clothing being too small. 

I notice the males don't wear theirs too small, but then, it looks like they wear their own clothes.  QVC's "expert" stylist doesn't dress them.  A good thing.  

There is one young male host who wears extremely tight pants, maybe the stylists could help.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Shawn is about my height.  Says she weighs 150 lbs and is an xsmall.   I weigh 142 and wear a medium... Go figure

Height and weight are not the only factors to determining a proper size of a garment.

Body shape plays a huge roll.  Do you have a short or long torso?  Short or long legs?  Where do you carry your weight?

I know of some who are exactly my weight and close in height yet wear a totally different size than I do.