Esteemed Contributor

Re: Models covering up clothes with a sweater

@Mz iMac wrote:

I suspect models do this when the item does not fit them properly and/or they are not wearing their correct size. Smiley Tongue

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I agree.   I noticed that with the plus size models they are sometimes the only models covered up and figured the garment does not fit them properly and/or they are not wearing the correct size.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad you brought up this subject - it's a pet peeve of mine too.  I especially hate when they cover up a blouse with a large, billowing scarf.  I want to see the collar!!!  the shoulders!!  the neckline!!

I always assume the collar lays 'funny' or there's something else wrong with how the blouse is made and they are covering it up.   As soon as I see a big scarf, I turn the channel.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@doun2earth wrote:

I love, love love QVC. I watch it all the time and order frequently as well. However, nothing makes me more crazy that when the model is wearing a  outifit, and then they throw a sweater on and cover up the entire  ensemble.  How are the viewers supposed to get a good look at what they are buying if its covered up??Smiley Frustrated

@doun2earth

Excellent point .... but please take the time to post this in the Suggestion Box section .... this is worth repeating, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 - thanks for bringing the Suggestion Box to my attention I never noticed it was there before!

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely drives me NUTS when they do this!!!  I find myself even yelling at the tv sometimes.  I know, I need an intervention.

Honored Contributor

It would be good if they showed just one model without a cover and style the others with the additional piece(s).

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG. I agree but given the choice they will use the model that the garment fits.  I enjoy H by Halston when everyone models the garment and 1 model is selected to be styled from a rack on the set.  At times the item does not work, they say dont like this and take another.    We all know how to add sweaters, jackets, scarves and jewelry.  Not every model needs to be embellished.  I would also like each model to slowly turn around so we see the garment at all angles.  Regardless of size with chest or not and with booty or not totally can change the fit.  I have both.  I do not want the buttons on my house to gap open nor do I want the top to sit on my booty and draw attention to it.  I am sure other ladies have other reasons they would like to see 360 degrees of the garment.  There is plenty of time allotted for this for each presentation.  There will still be time for chit chat.

Respected Contributor

In the past year or more, I've bought one cross-body bag from QVC.  That's it as far as apparel goes.  I don't care whether the models stand on their heads.  I won't be watching.  I get all my clothes at HSN these days:  Iman, Marla Wynne, Sporto, and Naturalizer, to name but a few of their excellent lines.

Honored Contributor

I've only seen one instance where a dress was totally covered.  It was a Halston dress and the model had a cardigan over it buttoned from the bottom to under the chin.  That dress must have been a hot mess to warrant such a cover-up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment