Valued Contributor

Models and clothing looking too small on them

Maybe it is just me as I like to wear my clothes roomier, but it seems the models always look like what they are wearing is too small of a size. This holds true all the time on tops. It throws me off if I am thinking of ordering something in an XL for myself as not sure if it will look too short and tight on me as it does on them.

Does this make any sense and has anyone else noticed this?

Model just now on the LOGO show has the $74.00 layered look top on and it just looks too small, as tight, short and sleeve length too short too.

Again, keeps me from ordering things that I think I would like as can't tell how fitted it would be on me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Models and clothing looking too small on them

I agree with you, and I particularly see it with jackets.  When the sides of a jacket are 8-10 inches apart, there is no way that the jacket can be buttoned or zipped. It is difficult to figure out which size to order, and with return fees, I just don't order.

Respected Contributor

I think the models and host always wear sizes that are to small and the don't show the garments in their best light. It is hard to know what size you should order to have a really nice fit. Jackets that really button up and don't pucker. Tops that aren't pulling through the bust area or aren't hiked up length wise because they are are too small when being shown. I would like to see them wear their true size so we could really see how it should look. It would certainly create more sales if the representation were realistic.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I looked at the time you posted this because I thought the very same thing since morning on IM's show.

Not only the host but the models too, tops were "pulling", wrinkling and pulling in the bust, and I thought those weren't the right people to wear those clothes.

Sometimes clothes are made for a certain figure type and no matter what size you put on, they are ill fitting and that's what I thought about this morning's show.

Valued Contributor

I am glad it is not me. When paying $3.00 shipping and then $6.95 for return, it gets to be too expensive to wing it.

Hoping someone will read this and understand what it is we are trying to say.

This morning there was a great H by Halston velvet top. I thought the crossover type hem would be perfect for my apple shape but when the models came out, again the top looked too small and short of them. I didn't want to take the chance and order it.

Honored Contributor

The fashions being too small on the models is nothing new to the QVC viewer. IMO the clothes are not only too small and short on some of the taller and plus size models, but also all wrong for their body type. I don't see how it is helpful to the customer to see the models in clothes that don't fit. Also, the very tall model they had on tonight was just too tall to wear the LOGO fashions, everything just looked too short, from hem to sleeve.

Honored Contributor

'Ten-four'.  (I hear you all....)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

They often are in clothes that are a size too small,  I don't know why Qvc does that but I'm a XL, sometimes L and I don't care what size the models are wearing.  I like to see the clothes on a moving body but no way in this world would I ever base what size I should buy on what size some model says she is wearing, even a plus size model.    You know what they call it when you do that.....a return.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they're trying to show the top under the jacket too.

Honored Contributor

When tey were showing the Halston faux suede jacket with the knit sleeves I noticed that Deanna had hers zipped up and the pockets were pulling and looked terrible.If I had never seen this jacket in person and just saw this presentation I would think there was something wrong with the way it was made. However, I have this jacket and it fits fine and the pockets do not pull at all. She just didn't have the correct size on.