Honored Contributor

Re: Models Wearing Clothing Too Small

Sometimes the cut of an item is just wrong for someone's body.  Going up a size (or down) won't help that situation.  It will still fit incorrectly - too tight in some area and too loose in another.  This happens with the models a lot, I think.

It is funny, though, when I hear Isaac continually tell a certain host to size up in something but she insists on squeezing into a smaller size.

Honored Contributor

Apparently who ever is in charge of dressing the models and hosts at QVC likes really tight clothing and I agree with everyone else - it looks terrible. I do get that the current trend in clothing is for it to be slim but  slim is not the same as too tight. You can absolutely see in the shoulder that the clothes are too small - shoulder seams are supposed to come to the outer edge of the shoulder, and certainly clothing should never PULL across any part of the body. IMO the worst is how they dress Caroline in too tight clothes.

Honored Contributor

On Monday evening Shawn sat with I.M. for a good 5 minutes in a size 4 jacket that she (clearly) couldn't close! She even gave us her bra size which, I suppose, could be helpful if you're a 38 and think you can wear a 4...Woman Wink

But the worst part is that shortly thereafter in PM Style the Gili size 4 jacket was a generous fit!

A little consistency would be nice...

Oye!

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

On Monday evening Shawn sat with I.M. for a good 5 minutes in a size 4 jacket that she (clearly) couldn't close! She even gave us her bra size which, I suppose, could be helpful if you're a 38 and think you can wear a 4...Woman Wink

But the worst part is that shortly thereafter in PM Style the Gili size 4 jacket was a generous fit!

Oye!

The GILI jacket was supposed to overlap like a double breasted jacket with a tie instead of buttons.  It didn't.  Instead she wore it all bunched up in front so that it cascaded at the top and it still wouldn't close over the hip.  

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Oye!

The GILI jacket was supposed to overlap like a double breasted jacket with a tie instead of buttons.  It didn't.  Instead she wore it all bunched up in front so that it cascaded at the top and it still wouldn't close over the hip.  

Maybe Shawn sees it as a good opportunity to talk about her bra size.

Cat Tongue

New Contributor

Yes, Shawn and Albany wear their jackets way too small - they look ready to burst.  Carolyn's clothes are always too tight/small and Leah's are not flattering a lot of the time.

Honored Contributor

Jacqui, would look more comfortable in an XL. You have to size up in Isaac's clothes.

Valued Contributor

@Cheryliti I have watched shows with Shawn & IM and she would be wearing one of his Jackets in a XXS and he would say to her that maybe and( I say he would say it GINGERLY..not to hurt her feelings) she needs to go up a size or 2.She would give him a look and then say: Do you think this is too tight? and he would smile and then say..Oh no it looks ok.,but you could go up a size!....However, I guess it really doesn't matter what he says..BECAUSE she still stuffs herself into the smaller sizes!

Honored Contributor

Wendy on evine could be put into the sizes down when she shouldn't category. Just last night she was clearly disappointed when Jessica told her the jacket that she was wearing wasn't the extra small that she thought it was but a small and then said 'I probably wouldn't buy it anyway! I like Wendy but boy was that a hissy fit reaction!
Respected Contributor

@Cheryliti wrote:

Yes, Shawn and Albany wear their jackets way too small - they look ready to burst.  Carolyn's clothes are always too tight/small and Leah's are not flattering a lot of the time.

Leah looked slim and tall and wonderful on the recent Linea show in her black pants and swing sweater; she was wearing the XL in the sweater and because it fit her so well and wasn't tight, or too large either which isn't good, she looked smaller.  I do hate the stuffed-into-clothing look that seems to be the norm now.