Trusted Contributor
Agree that many of the models wear clothing that is too tight on them. OP, I understand what you are saying about sizes and Jackie. I normally wear a Q Large but would not wear things as tight as she does, so if she is in the large and it is that tight, that makes me think I should size up. And in Isaac's line, I often do size up to an XL.
Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 Ja-Da said:

Geez, I knew I would get beat up---my point is, I think when they say she is in a large, that may not always be correct. What woman is going to say. . .no, I'm not in a large, it's a 1x.

Three things:

I believe camera really DOES add 10 pounds.

Different shapes and heights wear sizes differently.

I think a Large in QVC sizing is a 1X in the real word. QVC sizing is generous, to say the least.

Honored Contributor
On 9/29/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 9/23/2014 Ja-Da said:

Geez, I knew I would get beat up---my point is, I think when they say she is in a large, that may not always be correct. What woman is going to say. . .no, I'm not in a large, it's a 1x.

Three things:

I believe camera really DOES add 10 pounds.

Different shapes and heights wear sizes differently.

I think a Large in QVC sizing is a 1X in the real word. QVC sizing is generous, to say the least.

I was just going to write the same thing. QVC uses "vanity sizing" big time. A 2 or a 4 in a QVC size is easily a 6 or an 8 in the RW. When one of the fashion designers brings his/her line to the Q, that's when it becomes obvious that if one was to order a 2 or a 4 in one of their styles, they would not even be able to get it on, let alone have it be too tight.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor
On 9/24/2014 wildcherry said:

How come they never have a model who wears a XL? I always found it unbelievable when these plus size models "lose weight", they jump right to a large from a 1X. Interesting.

Some of those wearing a large are more like a XL. I think Jackie is probably a size large, but then Maria, the brunette model certainly isn't. If she is a large, I am the Queen of England. She never buttons her jackets because she simply can't. Jackie buttons things.

Like another poster said, I don't look to the models to decide on a purchase. I look at the garment measurements. The models are wearing things too tight most of the time. I know my size.

I agree; Jacque and Maria are definitely not the same size; if Jacque is a large then Maria has to be a 1X. I have always thought too that's why Maria never buttons her jackets. I noticed at one time that Maria had lost enough weight to be in a smaller size but not now.