Valued Contributor
On 9/24/2014 KatCat1 said:

I noticed that a lot of the hosts like to brag that they are an XXS. Who cares? If you are in good health and comfortable with yourself that is what should matter. Jackie is a normal size and always looks pretty.

I agree. I am a 1x and can honestly say it has never held me back.. I always feel good (no health problems at all , I am 55). Look put together ALWAYS, have a great job, family who loves me, a great husband, good friends. Can not think of anything that could be better if I was a XXS (except I would get to do more shopping for new clothes!!! AND I ALWAYS LEAD WITH A GOOD BAG!!! LOL!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the measurements for an XL are sometimes only 1/4" to 1" different from a 1X, and mostly only 1/4" to 1/2" smaller. Also in some cases (for instance, item A257460, a top from Denim & Co), some of the measurements for the 1X are actually smaller than the XL. So depending on the garment measurements, it might stand to reason that if a person who wears a 1X loses weight, they might go down to a Large, since there is so little difference in the measurements between a 1X and an XL. I noticed this on several garments where I was checking the measurements between Medium and Large, and was looking in the wrong columns...I was very surprised.

Respected Contributor
On 9/24/2014 ssssgirl said:
On 9/24/2014 KatCat1 said:

I noticed that a lot of the hosts like to brag that they are an XXS. Who cares? If you are in good health and comfortable with yourself that is what should matter. Jackie is a normal size and always looks pretty.

I agree. I am a 1x and can honestly say it has never held me back.. I always feel good (no health problems at all , I am 55). Look put together ALWAYS, have a great job, family who loves me, a great husband, good friends. Can not think of anything that could be better if I was a XXS (except I would get to do more shopping for new clothes!!! AND I ALWAYS LEAD WITH A GOOD BAG!!! LOL!!!

You go, Girl! Your love for life shines brightly. And no doubt you and your bag are looking good! Smile

Super Contributor

I think it's important to know the actual size the model is wearing, not to judge her, but to have some idea of how the clothing might look on me. We are have different shapes but some (most?) clothing looks better on us larger gals than other items. I've never heard them say a model is wearing a 3x. Why not? Show us what it will really look like on a variety of sizes! (They won't because they want us all to believe we'll look as good as the smaller models, but it certainly doesn't encourage me to order things when I can only see them on the very thin girls.)

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 winamac1 said:

They usually put the models that are larger in clothing that is too tight. They sometimes even put the slender models in clothing that is too tight and it pulls. I notice it all the time. IM's sweaters (unless they are boyfriend) run short anyway. I think Jacque or Jackie (sp?) is gorgeous, but the sweaters on the IM shows they put her in are far too short on her and far too tight. The stylists needs to choose the proper size for her.

You're so right. Poor sweet Jacque often looks uncomfortable. The clothes are too tight!

Valued Contributor

I am almost sure Jacque has lost around 10 lbs. She was almost bursting out of her size L and now L fits her beautifully. I was gone for quite some time and just back so when I saw her Monday night I did notice her slimmer looks. She is a favorite of mine.

Honored Contributor
On 9/24/2014 ECBG said:
On 9/23/2014 winamac1 said:

They usually put the models that are larger in clothing that is too tight. They sometimes even put the slender models in clothing that is too tight and it pulls. I notice it all the time. IM's sweaters (unless they are boyfriend) run short anyway. I think Jacque or Jackie (sp?) is gorgeous, but the sweaters on the IM shows they put her in are far too short on her and far too tight. The stylists needs to choose the proper size for her.

You're so right. Poor sweet Jacque often looks uncomfortable. The clothes are too tight!

Jacque does look uncomfortable. I find the cropped IM sweaters she wears in his 10 p.m. shows with Shawn look terrible on her. If they would put one size up on her, she'd look stunning.

I've noticed even Kate is put in clothes too small for her, and they pull across the bust. 8 years ago, they were all being put in Smalls (the thin models) , and they were swimming in the clothing. Now, the thinner models--even ones that are five 10 are all in xxs in every line, and most of the time, they are too tight. It makes no sense to me.

Chantal is the only model--perhaps along with Suzanne -- appears to be put into clothing that fits her (them)--probably as they are thin and fairly straight up and down. The rest of them QVC styles terribly and usually put into ill-fitting too tight clothes--especially across the bust are. I notice the Logo tops pull on all of them as they are tight in the bust to begin with.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 9/24/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I think most of the hosts say something like "Jackie is a Large" during a show when they don't bother to check the sizing. I also think that most of the models may not even know what size they have on, they change clothing so quickly.

I don't think they are being intentionally misleading but may err sometimes in stating what size each model is wearing.

And yes I do believe Jackie (or Jacque-- is that spelled like Jacque Gonzalez's name??) the blonde model is a true large (upper end of the size range)/16 misses.

ITA Amp. They assume the models are in an XS or L, and they are often incorrect. They don't know and should always ask or check the label. I think many times the slender models are in XXS.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Truth be told the models aren't really there to show the customer how the clothes will look on you, but rather to create a image of how good you will look if you buy that item. That's the premise of catalogs, magazines, and now television fashion presentations. If retailers/designers really wanted to show the average woman how she would look in the clothes, then the modeling industry would be full of 5'5" size 10s.

Also, the model is only the mannequin showcasing the vision of the backstage stylist and designer to you. She has little-to-no at all no say so in how an item will be worn. If an item appears to be the wrong size-- it's not the model who chose to come out that way. In my days of working around photo shoots for store catalogs most times the client only provided one or two ready-to-wear sizes for the models. We could pin and tape too loose, but snug, we just had to roll with.

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen Jackie in person outside Studio Park. The camera definitely adds pounds! IRL she looked to me to be no larger than a size 10-12 and tall, of course.

I could tell Chantal from across the parking lot. Tall and all legs. Def. built like a model, and not at all like your "average' woman.