Honored Contributor

Actually, I've been wondering recently if Jacque might be losing weight. No way is she a 1X, a size I've worn off and on for about 50 years.

Realistically, I think our eyes are trained to think almost any clothing looks better on smaller women than it does on those of us who are larger. I know I always like my mirror better when I'm 10 pounds thinner than I do after I let myself gain those dreaded pounds.

Super Contributor

I think most of the hosts say something like "Jackie is a Large" during a show when they don't bother to check the sizing. I also think that most of the models may not even know what size they have on, they change clothing so quickly.

I don't think they are being intentionally misleading but may err sometimes in stating what size each model is wearing.

And yes I do believe Jackie (or Jacque-- is that spelled like Jacque Gonzalez's name??) the blonde model is a true large (upper end of the size range)/16 misses.

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 Ja-Da said:

Geez, I knew I would get beat up---my point is, I think when they say she is in a large, that may not always be correct. What woman is going to say. . .no, I'm not in a large, it's a 1x.

Sorry, but I didn't see any comments that were "beating you up" ..... and I also think that you're too stuck on the number ....... Who cares if it's a L, XL or 3X ???

IMO, what's more important is the actual body type. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 Ja-Da said:

Geez, I knew I would get beat up---my point is, I think when they say she is in a large, that may not always be correct. What woman is going to say. . .no, I'm not in a large, it's a 1x.

I have seen one of the models they say wears a 1X - I think it's Rebecca?

Valued Contributor

It always amazes me that people can look at someone and determine that you would both wear the same size. I have never had that ability and never try to guess at a size that way. I am usually an XS or even XXS here, but I certainly am not built like Katia. I get better results by actually looking at the garment's measurements. As we all know, the sizes are all over the place and I would guess most of us aren't always in the same size all of the time.

Respected Contributor

I agree that it is really hard to tell if something will fit right by looking at the models. That is part of the reason that I stick mostly to Isaac. I get a consistent fit with his pieces, especially pants. I am a pretty standard medium -- and the Q doesn't have many medium models. Carrie and blonde Maria are the two that come to mind and their body types are completely different so it doesn't tell you much. Going by the 'click here' measures is what works for me on those rare occasions that I am buying.

Valued Contributor
On 9/23/2014 Ja-Da said:

No one is "beating you up". That said. I am a 1x but I do not go by what they say a model is. I go by what I know (or think) will look good on MY body type, not just my size. Just because it is my size DOESN'T mean it will look good in me
Super Contributor

How come they never have a model who wears a XL? I always found it unbelievable when these plus size models "lose weight", they jump right to a large from a 1X. Interesting.

Some of those wearing a large are more like a XL. I think Jackie is probably a size large, but then Maria, the brunette model certainly isn't. If she is a large, I am the Queen of England. She never buttons her jackets because she simply can't. Jackie buttons things.

Like another poster said, I don't look to the models to decide on a purchase. I look at the garment measurements. The models are wearing things too tight most of the time. I know my size.

Honored Contributor

I noticed that a lot of the hosts like to brag that they are an XXS. Who cares? If you are in good health and comfortable with yourself that is what should matter. Jackie is a normal size and always looks pretty.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor
On 9/24/2014 KatCat1 said:

I noticed that a lot of the hosts like to brag that they are an XXS. Who cares? If you are in good health and comfortable with yourself that is what should matter. Jackie is a normal size and always looks pretty.

I agree. I am a 1x and can honestly say it has never held me back.. I always feel good (no health problems at all , I am 55). Look put together ALWAYS, have a great job, family who loves me, a great husband, good friends. Can not think of anything that could be better if I was a XXS (except I would get to do more shopping for new clothes!!! AND I ALWAYS LEAD WITH A GOOD BAG!!! LOL!!!