Trusted Contributor

Re: Model Colleen making faces

Oh, you ladies are giving me a good chuckle....

You all have a right to your opinion...my opinion is that I like to see some personality come thru in the models....they are people after all, not manequins!

I hate it when you watch some of the runway shows on tv or the Victoria Secret models...they strut down the runway with blank looks on their faces....very unfriendly looking and kind of standoffish!!

I'll take a nod from Angela or a funny face from Colleen any day!

I admire them for their hard work and tenacity! 

Contributor

@blackhole99  I don't mind hearing occasional feedback from the models because they are actually wearing the clothes and when the hosts or designers ask them for their feedback and they provide honest informaiton that helps me decide when I am on the fence, I woud rather find out what they think rather than pay $15.00 round trip shipping to try something on that ends of not working out.

It seems l like lately there is more chit chat and less information about the items being presented being shared.  Countless numbers of tiems hosts have to interrupt designes that are presenting to provide updates on availlabiity since they stopped putting that information on the bottom of the screen very often.  Yes, friendly is good, overshadowing the product and not getting quality information before the item you want sellso out is bad marketing.  

LOL, now I will have to pay attention to the models and see what you guys are talking about because I have been too busy cursing at my television "shut up and let's get to the details so I can decide if I want to buy this before it sells out"  Is there a page that lists which models are which withe their photos.  I know certain models but not all of them.  

Thanks for any info you can share.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I think the models should just smile and look pretty. And state what size they are wearing if  asked by the host. Nothing more. They are there to model the clothes and shoes and really do not need to be included in the conversation. As far as their facial expressions - a smile is all that is needed  - a NORMAL smile, not a forced fake smile or whatever some of them do sometimes. 

@CAMOGIRL Fascinating! 

Frequent Contributor

@violann wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I think the models should just smile and look pretty. And state what size they are wearing if  asked by the host. Nothing more. They are there to model the clothes and shoes and really do not need to be included in the conversation. As far as their facial expressions - a smile is all that is needed  - a NORMAL smile, not a forced fake smile or whatever some of them do sometimes. 

@CAMOGIRL Fascinating! 

I like Colleen and think she's adorable. To me, her faces make her more relatable. Models for a TV show don't have to act like "Stepford Wives".  They're real people. This isn't runway modeling!!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

That's too bad. That's actually one of my favorite things about Colleen. I think she's hilarious and love it when she does that.

Me, too!  I think she's great!  She's been one of my favorites, too!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JumperRider wrote:

@blackhole99  I don't mind hearing occasional feedback from the models because they are actually wearing the clothes and when the hosts or designers ask them for their feedback and they provide honest informaiton that helps me decide when I am on the fence, I woud rather find out what they think rather than pay $15.00 round trip shipping to try something on that ends of not working out.

It seems l like lately there is more chit chat and less information about the items being presented being shared. 

-----------------------

I really wonder about their "truthfulness" in item feedback.  I have never heard a model or a host give a negative/poor review of something they are selling!!  I would not purchase anything based on a sales person's personal review. After all, it's their job to sell, sell, sell!

I agree about the chit-chat....way too much useless talking during the product presentations.

Honored Contributor

Is that tall, thin, black model with the wide hair named Kartia still working that came swishing out there swinging those hips with her hand on one hip and her expression was "here I am, rest of you __________ can sit it down.

LOL

I'd holler "you go , girlfriend" !!!!!!!!!   she was fun to watch.

Honored Contributor

I don't even know who Colleen is.  I really don't know the names other then ones that stand out to me (Katia, Michelle & Deanna)  The others I don't know at all. 

Honored Contributor

@JumperRider  Do you really think the models are being honest when they make comments about the clothes they are modeling, after all their job depends on the clothes selling. I have an idea that if anyone of them said anything negative about what they were showing it would be the last time you'd see them modeling on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I also do not like it when Angela keeps nodding with the hosts presentation.She is a beauty but needs to stop that nodding.