Respected Contributor

Mock Turtleneck Dickies Are Coming Back

I really used to like the mock turtleneck dickies  and are glad they are coming back. I don't see them on any of the shopping channels but they are at other places. Especially under sweaters instead of wearing a shirt  a Dickie is so much less material. It would be nice if they came out with different styles though make something old different.

Super Contributor

Re: Mock Turtleneck Dickies Are Coming Back

I've had quite a few of these from years ago that I wear every winter under sweatshirts and sweaters.  I also have three dickies with collars to look like I'm wearing a button-down shirt under my sweater.  Love them and would be lost without them.  I'm happy they're making a come-back! 

Contributor

My grandmother gifted me some 20 yrs ago when I got my first office job.  I must confess I still have them and wear them.  Yes, the above poster is correct, it would be wonderful if they would come out with different styles.

Honored Contributor

🎶 Mem-ries......🎶      Anyone remember a series of posts from yesteryear?.....I have THREE sets of beautiful dickies, but I think they're all REAL turtlenecks.

I have one holiday set that's really beautiful. Still wear them all, and they wash beautifully (no makeup stains)

Hope they return to the Q soon!

Respected Contributor

Just bought several, with and without zippers from Boscov's, a department store in PA (DE too?).  Should be available on line also.   I'm tucking them into sweater gifts for Christmas.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

At one time, QVC sold sets of Dickies by the boatload.  Every fashion show had them.  Really got sick of seeing them.  They're very handy to have...for men too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen them anywhere.....    Where have you ladies seen them? 

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of six (QVC).  I've occasionally worn them.  Very happy with them, they look brand new, last time I looked. They really 'come in handy' under V-neck sweaters, etc.  Haven't worn them this year, so far.  Hasn't been cool enough.  I'll take them out and use them Fall/Winter, if they haven't 'disappeared', lol.   Thanks for the reminder. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Just thought of this:  Many, many years ago, reading/watching a DIY.  If we want to have shirt type of dickies, go to the young men's or boy's dept., buy shirts there, and cut them out so they are dickies.  Might want to try thrift shops, too.  Sometimes they have almost new/brand new shirts that perhaps wouldn't be our complete size, but can be used as a shirt-dickie/dicky.  I think the theory there was that sometimes young men's/boy's shirts are less expensive.  (Or something similar, lol).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I haven't seen them anywhere.....    Where have you ladies seen them? 

@chrystaltree

Vermont Country Store-