Honored Contributor

Just heard Gary praise mock neck vs. turtleneck.

Which do you prefer?

I "discovered" turtleneck shirts in 1963 ... and have been wearing them ever since. 

My signature look!  I have racks of them!

Respected Contributor

Re: Mock Neck vs. Turtleneck

I prefer mocknecks...turtlenecks just come up too high for me. But--I want the mockneck to actually stand up around my neck! I've had too many--mainly heavier sweaters--where the neck actually lays kind of flat like a crewneck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a "swan neck" and never wear turtlenecks unless its a SG "rusched" neck.  I only buy mock necks.

I see many people wearing turtlenecks who shouldn't.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think I do better with mock necks.  Turtlenecks sometimes go up too high on me.  Also, no makeup smudges on the mock necks.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually I wear both as I usually wear under sweaters and sweatshirts.  

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

I prefer mock necks to turtlenecks, don't care for the tightness around the neck, mocks are a more casual look.

Honored Contributor

I prefer turtlenecks although mock necks are probably a better choice with my short neck.  I also like funnel necks and think they often look better than mock necks too.  To me, mock necks look like the designer/manufacturer took a shortcut.

Honored Contributor

I have no issue wearing a turtleneck, but I know a lot of ladies that can't take that height.

Respected Contributor

Mock.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a turtleneck. I like the material to cover my neck completely. I own several solid turtlenecks in various colors and weights. I like wearing my turtlenecks under blazers or leather jackets with jeans and boots this time of year. That's a classic timeless look I love.