Honored Contributor

Re: Misha Nonoo's Wedding

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

Ivanka's ensemble is stunning. It does look more appropriate for the Red Carpet.

Ivanka recycled her Mother's 28 year old, custom made Bob Mackie dress for a cocktail party.  In this case, I think the dress should have remained in storage.

@lulu1   I think this was for a late night reception.  They probably were dressing more risque than for the wedding.  I understand not everyone invited to the wedding was invited to this gig, so it was probably a complement of like persons.  Ivanka wore the very billowy and elegant pink chiffon to the wedding.  But what I liked most about it, is that it is her mother's from 3 decades ago, by one of our favorite designers, Mr Bob Mackie.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

Ivanka's ensemble is stunning. It does look more appropriate for the Red Carpet.

Ivanka recycled her Mother's 28 year old, custom made Bob Mackie dress for a cocktail party.  In this case, I think the dress should have remained in storage.

@lulu1   I think this was for a late night reception.  They probably were dressing more risque than for the wedding.  I understand not everyone invited to the wedding was invited to this gig, so it was probably a complement of like persons.  Ivanka wore the very billowy and elegant pink chiffon to the wedding.

Yes, the recycled BM dress Ivanka wore for a cocktail party.  I thought her wedding attire was stunning but perhaps more appropriate for the Red Carpet.

Respected Contributor

Really flew in and: Misha Nonoo's Wedding

[ Edited ]
  • Didn't care at all for Meghans dress, certainly not for a wedding.   Loved both of Ivanka's looks - the peachypinky color was perfect with her skin and hair (and the haircut is so cute).   Love how she paid homage to her mother with the evening dress.   Gayle King's color was pretty but I agree too snug.

And Harry, such a a scamp.  He is adorable.   

Thanks for the photos.

Respected Contributor

Megan's dress, what I saw of it, look like it had led lights strung around her body. The sleeves were huge and poofy. Not my favorite. Ivanka, on the other hand, looked beautiful and like an old Hollywood or Roman movie star. I did not like the flowered corseted flouncy mini she wore when she was photographed out and about in Rome.

Speaking of Meghan and Harry, they start their South African tour tomorrow and little Archie is with them. Looking forward to all the pictures!

Respected Contributor

I normally like Bob Mackie’s clothes....but the first thing I thought of with this dress is, “Wilma Flintstone on the Red Carpet” !

AA101BA3-D730-4296-BF09-843A478ABF5E.png

Honored Contributor

For a cocktail party, Ivanka's properly dressed.  Nice that she wore her mom's dress.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Katy wore Chanel to the rehearsal dinner

katy-perry-rehearsal-dinner.jpg

It was a jumpsuit. The bottom half looked like pedal pushers. She wore them with sling back flats. It's a look my 14 year old niece would wear. Including the headband.

@bathina  - When I saw this pic, I certainly thought it was a Chanel dress, not a jumpsuit/pedal pushers that she wore with slingback flats!  Seems out of place for the event?  Katy is such a beautiful radiant woman.  She should have dressed for the occasion. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:

FB_IMG_1569027262197.jpg

This above is a win!  Very romantic and beautiful flow.  Her mother's clothing recyled for the rehearsal dinner of the disco era was an epic fail.  So her fashion choices are an even split for that weekend.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Karlie Kloss

The woman in front of Karli Kloss -now that dress looks trashy to me esp for a wedding. Maybe for the oscars or something.

Paul McCartney looks so old!🙁

Course, he could say that about me!😩

The woman in front of Karlie is Dasha Zuchova who is the former wife of Roman Abromavich, a Russian/Israeli billionaire. She is know engaged to Stavros Niarchos who was previously engaged to Paris Hilton. Whew! These people sure do get around!

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea who Misha Nono is but Ivanka looks fabulous! She is naturally gorgeous but her peach outfit could come a little costumes but she carries it well. Love Princess Beatrice gold head band.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.