Esteemed Contributor

Re: Minimum # of Dresses & Skirts You Need?

I have kind of gone nuts over the last few years, buying lots of dresses at QVC and some from Lands' End.  I don't need to wear dresses to work or anywhere else.  But I think they are comfortable and I like wearing them.  I LOVE dresses with pockets, and am more likely to buy them if they have pockets.  I have plenty now, so I should not be buying any more.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I am an extremist and have always gone OVER BOARD with clothes.  I love dresses and have at least 40 dresses and just as many skirts. 

I am a 1X and dresses and skirts look more flatering on me than pants.  I also used to be a legal secretary and we had to dress up in the front office.

NOW that I am approaching retirement, I plan to work at least another 6 years and I am starting to STOP shopping NOW!

I will be donating clothes when I retire and someone will get some lovely work clothes. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I love Skirts and Dresses, I feel more comfortable in them than pants any day! I have a lot, but if I had to really scale it down I would say I could get by on 

7 skirts(2 black, 2 brown, 1 grey,1 navy, 1 cream)

7 Dresses in the same colors.

Then a bunch of different tops and blouses, in various colors and patterns to inter change with the dresses and skirts. I still work fulltime, so I need clothes for work as well as church!

My problem is that I love patterns and rarely buy solid color items........lol! 

Honored Contributor

I do not care for skirts, but I do have several skorts, and dresses I have at least 15, I am wearing one right now 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Last year I realized that I didn't have even 1 dress in my closet anymore. I decided that I should buy maybe 1 or 2, just in case. Well, I needn't have bothered, they are still hanging there, unworn. Lol. I'm fine wearing jeans, or pants for more non-casual occasions. I don't understand people who claim jeans are uncomfortable. But that's just me...to each their own.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I love both skirts and dresses. Am just 5'1", so knee length or just below is best length for me. I don't sew and petite lengths are increasingly hard to find. No idea how many skirts I own--probably about a dozen. Many are nicer summer skirts for church or solid navy or black for winter. I only have about 4 or 5 dresses for same reason, that petites are hard to find. Have not tried anything on since I've been binge snacking while being at home. Our church starts up this Sunday so I guess I better figure what what still fits. To answer your question, I need them all.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn a skirt since I retired 7 years ago, although I always liked wearing skirts and jackets to work. Once I retired, I cleared my closet of all of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Zippidee doo dah on dresses and skirts.

Now, don't even ask how many jeans a person needs........Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!