Honored Contributor

Re: Miley's Vivienne Westwood Wedding Dress

For the most part, I am not a fan of VW fashion.  I don't care for Miley's gown at all.  Of course, it is her choice and I am sure she thought the dress was perfect.  I am not a fan of her at all.  Her new husband is very attractive and I honestly don't know what the gentleman sees in her but perhaps and hopefully, there is way more to her than what she has shown to the public.  In any event, lots of luck to the newlyweds. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb

"Probably all true, but somehow, pointing a finger at 'old women' could be considered judgmental too... That was my only point... I do understand your point, but it's the old 'two wrongs not making a right' thing... Agree, some of the remarks seem a bit unnecessary and not relevant to the subject of her wedding dress..."

I'd hope, with age, that I'd gain a little more perspective, wisdom, compassion. With age, I'd remember what it was like to be young and do things that, maybe, weren't my proudest moments (even though Miley Cyrus never did anything to hurt anyone). With age, I'd be less judgmental, especially about younger people. With age, I'd understand what to prioritize.  With age, I'd realize that times change and that a person's basic moral values (not their onstage clothes or antics) define them, . With age, I'd realize that I'm not perfect.
I don't understand why any older person would care so much what an entertainer who is a complete stranger wears onstage or does if it doesn't harm anyone.
With age, I'd have better things to worry about.

And, I'd wish that I'd remember that times change and that what my generation once did or wore for shock value, to assert our place in society or for fun is, laughably, tame by today's standards. Those things didn't make us bad people. It made us part of our generation, as did each before.
I'd wish I'd remember that I can change, or at least accept change in the world, and not become a dinosaur.

Honored Contributor

Miley said she lost all her songs in the fire.  They were handwritten in notebooks.

She said she was devastated to lose those...

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Miley said she lost all her songs in the fire.  They were handwritten in notebooks.

She said she was devastated to lose those...

@Bri369

Oh my! 

Haven’t heard that bit of news. 

I’m sure current events (marriage, fire) will translate into

new songs for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@beach-mom:  I don't think she implied she had lost everything.  Would it make you feel better about her is she did?

@Hoovermom - Of course not! It's just how the media conveyed this - making everyone think she had nothing left. There are people who do have nothing left after this fire. And I did read in @Bri369's post that she lost all of her songs, which must be heartbreaking for her. 

@jonbon - You're right - it is traumatic. A friend of mine went through this about 10 years ago. Of course they did lose everything, since it was their only home. She, her husband, and their youngest were home at the time. They got out and were able to save 2 of their three cats. They moved into a smaller house and everyone helped them build some things back up again, but after a while they moved out of state. 

I'm glad she is helping some of the other victims. And with her marriage, 2019 should be a good year for her. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@faeriemoon  Is she sporting a hairy armpit?  

Oh my LOL! That's what I see in that photo!!  Maybe she doesn't believe in shaving?

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

TOTALLY UGLY!!!!!!!!

FUGLY!  Yep that's about right on all these photos LOL!