Honored Contributor

@Pecky 

The shipping is ridiculous! But then we just got a package today at the office that was simply a couple ounces of paperwork that cost our client $53!

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

I worked in Data Entry for over 30 years at Swiss Colony (now known as Colony Brands).  It was started in a home in about 1926. My mom also worked there.  It was cheese and sausage.  Fast forward and they had many different catalogs and one of them was Midnight Velvet.  Tender Filet (sp) was one of them too.  There is an outlet store in our town that has everything from food, clothes, appliances, tv's, furniture, shoes, pots and pans, dishes, shoes, jewelry and handbags etc.

@twinny70   Thanks for sharing the story and the new catalog/products with us and a bit of historical data as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Midnight Velvet?

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I think this dramatic tunic is so cute!

mv tunic.jpg

@Pecky 

After seeing the picture again I'm definitely getting it altered!

20190430_094135.jpg

I hope you dont mind my weighing in here, but you wrote this is a new website, so maybe it helps  Your top looks very different from the catalogue picture! the ruffles (bust, front, hem) are much heavier, more voluminous, the fabric is different.  the top in the catalogue has more white background, yellow/green butterflies, than your fabric. Your top is dominated by dark flowers.  Different batch. I would feel mislead if my purchase looked this different.  I can barely see the blue butterflies in your top - but that could be the lighting, not the other differences.

Honored Contributor

there is almost always a coupon code available that helps offset the shipping fees.

they are also on mr rebates for 3% cash back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Midnight Velvet?

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

It does look different doesn't it?! But in person the coloring and the pattern is identical to the picture. The lighting is very deceptive. The one surprise though is that it's a very sheer! It does seem more voluminous on me but I'm also a lot shorter than the model.

Edited to add the shes most definitely wearing a white top or tank underneath as well