Honored Contributor

I think their palette is very sophisticated

Esteemed Contributor

I worked in Data Entry for over 30 years at Swiss Colony (now known as Colony Brands).  It was started in a home in about 1926. My mom also worked there.  It was cheese and sausage.  Fast forward and they had many different catalogs and one of them was Midnight Velvet.  Tender Filet (sp) was one of them too.  There is an outlet store in our town that has everything from food, clothes, appliances, tv's, furniture, shoes, pots and pans, dishes, shoes, jewelry and handbags etc.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 

Do you know anything about the quality of their clothing?

Honored Contributor

The dresses are lovely, dressy and perfect for those special occasions.  The scarf is so pretty and would dress up any outfit..  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@twinny70 

Do you know anything about the quality of their clothing?

I haven't bought any dresses, but I did buy a nice embroidered Jean jacket and a matching pair of capris that were very nice. I bought a pair of sparkly slides that I get lots of compliments on last fall. The sizes are always changing.  Sometimes all small and then sometimes larger sizes.  Other than the cheese, sausage, petit fours etc. everything is 50% off or more.  It's like a ****** shoot because things change on a daily basis.  They have a lot of fancy dresses & they seem to be popular.  Sometimes they have IMi things.  They also have lots of toys and bedding.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo  I have never heard of the company, but those fashions are just gorgeous.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@Andreatoo  I have never heard of the company, but those fashions are just gorgeous.

It's been around for a long time because I left my job almost 18 years ago and it was one of the many different companies then.  7th Avenue is also  one of their companies too.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I've never heard of it but I'm thumbing through the catalogue forwarded to our office and it seems the perfect place for the elusive MOB or MOG dress!

Not a clue about the quality but the pictures sure are pretty!

mv elegant jacket dress.jpgmv cape dress.jpgmv sequined.jpgmv shawl collar.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this retailer? Nice thing about them is they offer plus sizes in everything as well. They have some pretty things...

For the scarf/wrap gals:

mv scarf.jpg

OMG those dresses are gorgeous.  Thank you so much for posting.  The color is dreamy lol.  Not sure if I have ever used that word about clothing.

Frequent Contributor

I have bought from Midnight Velvet for 12-15 years.   I have bought shoes, jewelry, men's sweaters, home decor, etc.  All have been good quality, with no problem.  The sizes do run like stores (not QVC).  I especially like their high-end fashion look. 

Honored Contributor

@loves daisies 

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm sure there are ladies on the board looking for the perfect wedding guest attire that would thank you also!

I already had the tunic in my shopping cart debating on whether to get it but now I think I'll pull the trigger!