Trusted Contributor
What's the most comfortable, stay in place, lightweight, non-binding shaper? I see some good reviews for a Spanx shaper but would like other input. If I can buy elsewhere then great! It's been years since I bothered but I found a Bob Mackie sundress in the back of my closet and I want to wear it. I haven't worn it in years! But no way am I dealing with panty lines 😬
I've seen ladies wearing similar dresses to mine without a shaper and I'm NOT going there ☹️
The funny thing is, I used to know where to find the best shapers but shopping has changed. I don't go as far to find as I used to and I just don't know anymore 🤔
Thanks ladies!
Regular Contributor

I use Spanx Thinstincts thigh shaper. It's super thin around the thigh but not in any way "smushed & stuffed" like some can feel if you know what I mean. They don't roll up at all and are comfortable sitting. I too could never go without one while wearing dresses just bc I'm too self conscious. If you've not tried them just look them up. I actually got them here on the Q but it was yrs ago.. good luck!

Respected Contributor

Jockey slip short

image.png

Respected Contributor
I also like the Spanx Thinstincts line.
Honored Contributor

I gave up shapers years ago.  I like Jokey Slip Shorts.  The legs stay down.  They smooth and give me the protection I need under skirts and dresses.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for the Jockey brand.  they come in different lengths and are light shaping, Taking the place of a slip and underwear.  Wash well and are less expensive than Spanx.  i have not tried the thinstincts, but the regular line is too constrictive for me.  I am not trying to wear a corset.  lol.  I just like a little smoothing, especially with a summer weight dress. 

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Jockey Slipshort!

Super Contributor

Another vote for Jockey Skimmies Shorts.  Smoothes, stays put.  Not compression but really helps.  

Trusted Contributor
I see what the TSV is today. That thick seam down the inner thigh and they look like thick cutoff pantyhose. No ty!
I'm going to check out the Jockey brand. Thanks ladies!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Mid thigh shaper?

[ Edited ]

Jockey Slip Shorts will smooth you out a bit, but IMO it's not shapewear. There's very little compression. I mainly wear them to prevent thigh chafing. I had a Spanx thigh shaper that definitely offered more control. Those are the only brands I've used and tried.