Honored Contributor

Re: Michael Kors Runway! How Will Ready To wear Differ?????

@ECBG Disappointing. It looks like Hippy Chic for 20-somethings. Runway is never for the masses. Hopefully his clothing that goes to dept. stores...MK...will be more wearable. I’m not big on unrelated, flowered printed tops/bottoms worn together, floppy hats, long fringed purses and very short ruffled dresses. 

Many designers, including CK, Marc Jacobs have stayed far from their original finely tailored offerings. So sad for me. Even Ralph Lauren is not the same. 

Honored Contributor

I have a tailored, navy, blue, chesterfield ,coat, of his. Looking at this collection ,I am ashamed to admit it

Respected Contributor

I liked some of it but none of the floppy hats - too floppy when walking.  And naturally some were totally ridiculous such as the suit jacket with shorts. 

I especially liked the mint green printed pants/jacket on the 4th model, the mint green pants with print jacket, and the lime green print peasant dress.  I would wear all of them.

What I really don't get is whoever came up with the "model criteria".  That silly walk and sad looking face.  Ruins the whole show for me.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely LOVE the hair style on the model in the light green suit at 0:44.  Similar to mine .. but longer in front.  Think that's going to be my hair this summer!  

What I liked and would consider wearing ...

1:50  striped top

2:35 Yellow pants

3:10 print

4:49 pants

7:00 jacket

7:41 .... another great hair style.  Similar to one at 0:44.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG Disappointing. It looks like Hippy Chic for 20-somethings. Runway is never for the masses. Hopefully his clothing that goes to dept. stores...MK...will be more wearable. I’m not big on unrelated, flowered printed tops/bottoms worn together, floppy hats, long fringed purses and very short ruffled dresses. 

Many designers, including CK, Marc Jacobs have stayed far from their original finely tailored offerings. So sad for me. Even Ralph Lauren is not the same. 

@ShanusTotally agree with you!  It seems MK took the worst of the 70's and just threw them out there.  His colors have no harmony and are almost harsh.  

I haven't liked a lot of the shows either.

Looks like I'm going to be a fan of "black with a scarf" and white bottoms.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have a tailored, navy, blue, chesterfield ,coat, of his. Looking at this collection ,I am ashamed to admit it

@cherry  I have a beautiful jacket from his collection years ago that I keep in my closet because it is so classic (a flame stitch or a ikat, whatever you want to call it but flame stitch and ikiat are never out of style; they just come and go).

Honored Contributor

Became disinterested so didn’t watch entire video. Too many clashing florals for me which I wouldn't necessarily associate with MK. I thought he did more tailored solid color pieces with a few sophisticated prints thrown into the mix? 

Respected Contributor

Enjoyable! I liked all the colors and patterns and kept in mind that it was a runway show, not exactly what would be out in the stores.

Respected Contributor

The best thing about it was the music by Miriam Makeba!

Honored Contributor

Wow! That was pretty bad but I'm muscled through it to the end which I guess was a good thing because there was a cropped black tee with short sleeves that was cute but that was the only thing I saw that I liked