Esteemed Contributor

Re: Metallic JEANS!!

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@emmysmom

Those jeans are very snazzy, but I would never have enough nerve to wear them.  I did, however, look at them for a LONG timeCat LOL

I did end up buying some Calivin Klein jeans in pale pink and dark wash CK jean with a frayed bottom. 

Cannot recall the last time I wore a colored jean, but I'm trying to expand my horizons a bit!  Not sure those horizons will ever include a metallic, though. 

I think your CK pale pink jeans and frayed jeans sound awesome!....I think the metallic jeans will be classy..esp being Ralph Lauren..I'm in my sixties, so I dress like I have all my life..lol. I refuse to change..I learned that from my mom..! I really love the fact this year femininity is everywhere..love the florals and the ruffles too..I bet you'll get alot of compliments when you wear those jeans too!

Let us know how they fit/look when you get them.  I may change my mind yet! 

I'll post when I get them and I hope you change your mind!..I think you'll be surprised~xox (web id 3447599) type this in at Macys..these are another metallic option in 3 colors! These are the other metallic jeans I ordered..(web id 3023055)

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@emmysmom

You sound full of life and confident -- I admire you.

I'm 66 and have been a conservative dresser most of my life (worked in an office for 38 years!).

If I thought I could pull it off, I might wear it, but I have found if you don't feel confident in what you are wearing, don't do it.

That, plus my retired lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to "fancy" clothing.  I'd end up wearing it to Food Lion or WalmartCat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman

Congratulations on pulling the trigger on pink jeans! You will be pleasantly surprised how many things it goes with! But then my wardrobe is pretty much full of saturated dark solids as I'm a little more daring on the bottom LOL. Lots of olives, black, and navy. I also have a pair of yellow ankle pants

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@emmysmom

You sound full of life and confident -- I admire you.

I'm 66 and have been a conservative dresser most of my life (worked in an office for 38 years!).

If I thought I could pull it off, I might wear it, but I have found if you don't feel confident in what you are wearing, don't do it.

That, plus my retired lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to "fancy" clothing.  I'd end up wearing it to Food Lion or WalmartCat LOL

I'm retired too..and I'm 65..maybe I will return the pants..IDK..they may not fit right..and I don't get out much anymore..old habits die hard..I think you and I are very much alike..lol! I'll let you know..its hard getting old in this society..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West