Esteemed Contributor

Re: Met Gala May 2022/Fashion

I was just reading that Kim K wore the actual dress to walk and take photos but then changed into a replica for the actual event.  

Respected Contributor

I really like Alicia Keys dress & cape.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely no one can wear Marilyn's dress but Marilyn Monroe.  Amy Schumer needs to go away.  The theme this year did not get out to too many people.  Seems like the fashion was all the place.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Chloe Kim Olympic medalist

Alicia Keyes and hubby Swizz Beatz

Alicia Keys
Tommy Dorfman
The 2022 Met Gala Celebrating "In America: An Anthology of Fashion" - Arrivals
Russell Westbrook
Brooklyn Beckham and hubby
The 2022 Met Gala Celebrating “In America: An Anthology of Fashion” – Arrivals

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Kylie Jenner's fashion choice was said to be in memorium of Virgil Abloh.

These are costumes.  I don't know why people see this as everyday fashion.  It's wearable art.  Some may have had the theme right and some may not.  I see a lot of folks who did get it right.

“The Gilded Age” is the term used to describe the tumultuous years between the Civil War and the turn of the twentieth century. The Gilded Age: A Tale of Today was a famous satirical novel by Mark Twain set in the late 1800s, and was its namesake. During this era, America became more prosperous and saw unprecedented growth in industry and technology. But the Gilded Age had a more sinister side: It was a period where greedy, corrupt industrialists, bankers and politicians enjoyed extraordinary wealth and opulence at the expense of the working class. In fact, it was wealthy tycoons, not politicians, who inconspicuously held the most political power during the Gilded Age.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Though not a fan of some of the outfits, for the most part they could fit within the definition of "Gilded Glamour" I think, though some very loosely.  But Kourtney K's in no way.   They need to stop with the PDA.  Tongues in each other's mouths at the Met Gala just seems a bit tacky.  It is almost like she is so sick of being the invisible Kardashian that she has finally found a way to make headlines with Travis.

@Wsmom These are bespoke works of art.  This theme was to represent a period in history called the Gilded Age.  I have provided a little synopsis of that time in American History.  None of us were here for it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@gertrudecloset It is obvious that Hollywood has no clue what the "gilded age" actually represented.  Thanks for posting  these anyway!

@Boomernichols I think YOU don't know this period in our History.  Go read up about it and you might find many of the stars who worked in conjunction with the designers got it spot on!

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Absolutely no one can wear Marilyn's dress but Marilyn Monroe.  Amy Schumer needs to go away.  The theme this year did not get out to too many people.  Seems like the fashion was all the place.

What are YOU even talking about.  It's a costume ball for goodness sakes @Katcat1 .  The attire was to coincide with the theme of the work on display at the museum.  I guess a lot of folks don't like museums.

Respected Contributor

Kiki Layne

Image may contain Hair Dress Clothing Apparel Human Person Evening Dress Fashion Gown and Robe

Incredibly grateful to all the people who were a part of bringing this look and moment together.

Respected Contributor

Quannah Chasinghorse

Met Gala 2022: Indigenous Model Quannah Chasinghorse Says Felt Welcome