Honored Contributor
Lady Gaga didn't attend this year, I was looking forward to what she would wear.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Met Gala 2021

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@SilleeMee : Isn't that Gaga from 2019?

@patbz 

I'm not sure. That pic showed up when I googled it and it had a 2021 date on it. I deleted it.

Esteemed Contributor

99% of these people look like they're going to a Halloween party instead of a Met Gala........geeesh!  And Vera Wang needs to go back to the drawing board!!

Honored Contributor

I always enjoy looking at the fashions from the Met Gala! It seems like the weirder, the better. One thing for sure-its never boring!!! lol...

Respected Contributor

I love all the outrageous fashion at the Met Gala. It's so fun to look at.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hardly noticed her outfit. I was so distracted by those gorgeous emerald earrings!!

Kris Jenner - Kris Jenner Photos - Zimbio

The earrings are hardly a distraction from the fact that Mama K-cup is taking on a decidedly Anne Miller-esque look... Probably time to put the skids on all the 'procedures' and begin to age gracefully, but then who am I kidding...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@AZMattie wrote:

I have to say isn't it time for Anna Wintour to change her hair style?  It has been the same forever-stiff, contrived, helmet hair.  As editor of Vogue, Chief Content Editor for Conte Nast, a board member for the Met she has so much influence,  Yet her hair is in a time warp.  There, I'm done!

It's her favorite hairstyle.  It's a wig.

@gertrudecloset & @AZMattie  Perhaps she is channeling another fashion icon= Coco Channel I believe I only saw her in a short pageboy or a pulled back pageboy both with bangs.

Does anyone know is this gala for a charity ? It is always fun to observe.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@AZMattie wrote:

I have to say isn't it time for Anna Wintour to change her hair style?  It has been the same forever-stiff, contrived, helmet hair.  As editor of Vogue, Chief Content Editor for Conte Nast, a board member for the Met she has so much influence,  Yet her hair is in a time warp.  There, I'm done!

It's her favorite hairstyle.  It's a wig.

@gertrudecloset & @AZMattie  Perhaps she is channeling another fashion icon= Coco Channel I believe I only saw her in a short pageboy or a pulled back pageboy both with bangs.

Does anyone know is this gala for a charity ? It is always fun to observe.

All I could find was that it started in 1948 to raise funds for the Costume Institute.  That does not sound like a charity to me.   Maybe the institute shares the funds with other less fortunate organizations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Met_Gala

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I love all the outrageous fashion at the Met Gala. It's so fun to look at.

@JJsMom , exactly.  That is what the Met Gala is for.  Some of the other gowns look like something to be worn to other events like the Oscars, Emmy's, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Alot of weird outfits .  I think I heard the tickets were $25,000 each person .

The Rich , elite  wore some really fuggly clothes or were half naked.

@skatting44 I read it's $30,000.00 and somewhere else I read it was $35,000.00.