Honored Contributor

I may be the only one ,but i like wearing them,for the extra length.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

You are not the only one.  Me, too.   I prefer men's or men's style flannel shirts.  Like them much better than woman's versions of flannel shirts, where peplum is added, or ruffles, or princess seams, etc.  I'm 60 and I like wearing a good basic flannel shirt since I was a teenager.

Esteemed Contributor

Men's work/hunting sites (don't dare name here) also have the best tees.  Real cotton, thick, long enough for leggings, sleeper, and last for ever.  Not high fashion but works around the house.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mens flannel shirts

[ Edited ]

I was a men's clothing buyer back in the 80's.  Due to the 50% discount  my company offered employees, I got very used to wearing men's everything except underwear.  The days I can get into men's jeans are long gone, but I still wear flannel shirts and sweat shirts in men's sizes. I've always liked the longer lengths and the arms fit better, also. 

I think we can name names.  We have had excellent quality items come from LL Bean and Duluth Trading.  

Respected Contributor

wow. i never thought of that!  

but i will share that i am in love with men's tee shirts.  i get the 60/40 blend at JCPenney and they are so comfy to hang around in.  i wear them at home or in bed, ... they are not so much for wearing out in public unless its a quick run to a neighbor's or the drugstore.  

after christmas, i'm going to see if i can find a men's flannel!

thanks!! 

Honored Contributor

One of  brands i buy are jcp, and walmarts george,i just bought two from there, $8.00 ,we will see how they hold up,the jcp are going on 3 yrs,i think i paid $12.00 on sale.

Honored Contributor

I have always worn men's winter coats because they are thicker & warmer than female coats.  Why is that? confused.gif

Even as a child, never purchased "girls" coats for my daughter.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Does any one remember when the lastest fashion was mens wear blazers? I love that look still.I see women here in maine wearing mens shirts in the summer with sleves rolled up.

Honored Contributor

I'm the Walmart queen and while shopping the women's dept for some basics, like long sleeve t-shirts, I drifted into the men's department and angels were singing!

Everything was so nicely made, lots of variety, similar prices. Racks & shelves neat.

Very nice tees, sweaters and even their pull on pants.

Their pants were not heavy like sweats but had the hem at the bottom, like the yoga  pants I love to wear around the house.

DD growing up would never allow me to buy her anything in the boys department, even though I tried.    Now that she's grown, she's more practical.

Esteemed Contributor

Since I'm tall (just under 6 foot) with long arms and legs, I've purchased plenty of men's wear because of the length factor.  I've gotten coats, jeans/casual pants, tops and socks before.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown