Respected Contributor

Image result for men wearing pearls

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Pearls are for girls.

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Image result for men wearing pearls

This made me laugh, whats with the hat sideways? Maybe it's past my bedtime! Good night.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Why not?  It's just jewelry.  I had a boss 20 something years ago I had a boss  who wore a pinky ring with a big pearl in it.  The older women in the office would blah blah blah about how men didn't wear pearls.  I didn't see how a sapphire was OK for man  but a pearl wasn't. 

@chrystaltree  And maybe his birthday was in June. Pearl is the birthstone. It could have been a gift from his mom or dad. Men should wear what they want.

Why not is right. It is only jewelry.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Men and pearls.

That would be a NO!

I mean come on, be a man!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I think at one time men wore pearl stickpins.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor
I don’t care if a man wears pearls. At one time, men were the ones who dressed sumptuously including dripping in jewelry and high heels.

I don’t know when it became a rule that pearls were for women, but it was not always that way.
Honored Contributor

No 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

This 72 year old lady is just fine with men in pearls. Do I personally like the look? No. Would it bother me if my husband or son wore them? Truthfully, yes it would.

But what I do love is the fact that we still live in a free society where people can express themselves as they wish. I’m an old hippie from the 60’s and 70’s and view that time period as a wonderful era of tremendous creativity in music, literature, fashion; all a reflection of the societal changes that were happening at that time i.e. the woman’s movement, civil rights movement and the sexual revolution.

For my tastes our society has become much more narrow minded, uptight and judgmental. Lots of hypocrisy from the “good people” who believe they have a cornerstone on how things should be but somehow those rules don’t apply to them when they are caught in scandal.

I’m sure many of you disagree with me but when I go to a festival or street fair and I see people with purple hair or edgy clothing it brings a smile to this old lady’s face!

Esteemed Contributor

My own opinion, I don't like the look of pearls on men.