Honored Contributor

Re: Men & Cold Shoulder Tops

I live in a small town so maybe these tops are worn by women who live in big cities because I never see them on anyone. I had thought of giving them a try but I have yet to try one on. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Amen sister!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Now men are being polled about cold shoulder tops - LOL

Here's our weekly cold shoulder top thread. 

Trusted Contributor

I do not seek the opinions of others for what I wear.  I happen to love the cold shoulder look.  I have a red cold shoulder dress that I wore to a graduation last Saturday and received many compliments on it.  

Respected Contributor

This is ridiculous, but I will share my thought on this... Men would rather see cleavage than shoulders. Come on, we are talking men here..,

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of cold shoulder, but really love off the shoulder.  That said, generally I am not in favor of wearing off the shoulder fashions in one's place of employment (whatever the job/whereever the place), but could be persuaded to accept some exceptions.  

Honored Contributor

I like the off the shoulders looks but not that hole in upper arm (looks tacky) to me.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

My little survey, it was 2 vs 20 men who thought these cold shoulder tops are pretty silly looking.  They also pointed out if the cut out for the shoulder doesn't fit properly, the tops hangs down on the shoulder and looks pretty sloppy.

Maybe you heard differently but I'll never buy one. 

@Just Bling

I don't care for cold shoulder fashions & haven't seen any I like on anyone.

That said, since when do women care what men think about women's fashion? 

Respected Contributor

I've always disliked the cold shoulder tops. As for the off-the-shoulder tops, there is a time and a place for those...and not many places, IMO. When I was growing up, I was taught by my mother what was considered good taste, what was tacky, etc. My dad used to tell me that leaving something to a man's imagination was a real turn on for men. Obviously, things have changed since then.

Today's young girls seem to think flaunting their bodies at every opportunity is appropriate. They actually seem to think that dressing up means wearing sexy clothing. Sad.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I have never met a man who could pull off the cold shoulder look. The cut out is too much with a necktie.  

Seriously, I don't much care what 20 or 200 MEN think about anything I wear. Polling some dudes about a cold shoulder ,or any, fashion trend......what is the point. If you don't like it, don't wear it. If it bothers you so much, do not invite me to dinner,because I just might be wearing a fabulous, bohemian ,cold shoulder top,lol. Fashion is personal and I personally like the look.