Respected Contributor

My little survey, it was 2 vs 20 men who thought these cold shoulder tops are pretty silly looking.  They also pointed out if the cut out for the shoulder doesn't fit properly, the tops hangs down on the shoulder and looks pretty sloppy.

Maybe you heard differently but I'll never buy one. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Men & Cold Shoulder Tops

I don't think any guy should wear a cold shoulder top.

Honored Contributor

I think a guy has to have really great shoulders if he wants to look good in cold shoulder tops. 

Valued Contributor

@MarkeieMark LOL...

Honored Contributor

I don't like them either and I don't know any guy that does. Not sexy, odd looking, why are these in style?, etc are typical statements I've heard them make. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree What's next a skort if they got great legs??

Respected Contributor

Seen many that look awful, few that looked great and could pull it off.  I'd rather see a one shoulder look in a dress for a special occasion.  Don't like it for an everyday blouse.  I don't care what men think.

Respected Contributor

I don't care for them either. I don't mind if it's more of a slit at the seam (like the recent Susan Graver scarf top), but an actual circle cut out at the shoulder just looks odd to me.
Esteemed Contributor

I like some of them and some of them I don't.  I just bought one as a matter of fact on sale.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who cares what those 20 men think??!!!  If those men don't  like them then I would suggest they don't buy and wear them!!! 

I don't like scarves, big flouncy bows on clothing and remember having a conversation with many including the majority who were men and they all agreed that scarves and big floucy bows looked rather silly on women but women still buy and wear such styles because they like them and certainly not because they are sexy and appealing to men!  I have never dressed to please a man but wear what I like!! 

My SO commented on the one's I wear and said they looked great and he is not one to randomly throw out compliments! 

Not all styles are for everyone and no one is being forced to wear anything they do not like.  I don't want anyone telling me what I should like and wear and I'm sure even those that dislike cold shoulder styles would not want anyone to tell them the clothing they like is silly looking!