Honored Contributor

Memorial Day "Sales" Are Dissapointing!!!

Extra off of clearance, items that have a long life on the floor already, have about minus zero appeal to me.

Memorial Day is all about getting rid of old, already passed over stock.

Color me "bored"!!!  Yawn.....

I want current stock that is appealing!  Not something to put away for 7-8 months!

Honored Contributor

Re: Memorial Day "Sales" Are Dissapointing!!!

@ECBG  - I've never shopped for fashion or anything during Memorial Day weekend.  

It's always been a family/friends get together weekend for us. BBQ, boating, golf, beach, pool time - this is what's on my agenda and I am EXCITED!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I thought Memorial Day was in remembrance of those who died while serving our country?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, leftovers, but it doesn't matter, I'm looking forward to Fall fashion. 

I won't be shopping or celebrating anyway.  It's a day to remember those who lost their lives protecting our freedoms, so it will be a quiet day for me.   

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I thought Memorial Day was in remembrance of those who died while serving our country?

@Snowpuppy 

True.  Retail always has sales however.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Extra off of clearance, items that have a long life on the floor already, have about minus zero appeal to me.

Memorial Day is all about getting rid of old, already passed over stock.

Color me "bored"!!!  Yawn.....

I want current stock that is appealing!  Not something to put away for 7-8 months!

@ECBGRemember we had covid 19 and I guess a lot of people weren't looking for new clothing items.  I know I wasn't.  Just wanted some new jeans because I've gained weight.  I've seen dismal sales at some online B&M.  Nothing to write home about.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

My second eldest son was put away for the rest of his life… in a grave: My son was an 18 Series like his father. He was KIA in Afghanistan: buried in a U.S. National Cemetery.

Sorry you’re so bored and disappointed with sales on Memorial Day: must be awful for you.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

My second eldest son was put away for the rest of his life… in a grave: My son was an 18 Series like his father. He was KIA in Afghanistan: buried in a U.S. National Cemetery.

Sorry you’re so bored and disappointed with sales on Memorial Day: must be awful for you.

@Malcontent  I'm so sorry about your son. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh for goodness sake’s these boards are ridiculous. A person can’t even comment on disappointingly sales on a holiday without getting blasted! This is a fashion forum. For more serious minded posters, it’s probably best to post and comment on another forum. Geez, everyone gets offended over anything these days!
Trusted Contributor

Yes, for goodness sake, losing a child (KIA) is rude of me…over Memorial Day sales.

My apologies.