Trusted Contributor

Mellow Yellow today

[ Edited ]

I'm loving yellow these days and I also love it when one item inspires the outfit. These inexpensive on sale 8.99 earnings inspired today's outfit..Picked up at TJX back in feb.

I have looked at this skirt since last year at belks and would pass, because pleats flatter no one, haha!

The skirt was marked half price with an extra 20% off yesterday so I said what the heck, it's meant to be.

I picked up the necklace last year from a little boutique and the handbag  of course is Brahmin and I love the color. The necklace is a little different yellow than the earrings and the bag, but it pulled in the navy out of the skirt. It's still a little chilly here and unpredictable spring weather. The yellow makes me smile and look forward to sunnier days ahead. Just thought I'd share the sunshine. 

58CB5EBA-0CAA-44E6-B978-F814CE6DA4A2.jpeg

FE070B6E-FA30-416E-862A-3FBE50113381.jpeg

CC539503-0984-4531-9CBC-54C9FFB91290.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I love the color yellow, but can't wear it with my coloring. I love all of your shades of yellow pictured very soft and muted.

Honored Contributor

I love yellow also but not a good color for me so I leave it for shoes and handbags.  

Honored Contributor

Have a nice Sunday, and a beautiful, sunny week ahead, Ms. Sunshine!  Heart Smiley Happy

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  I'm also loving yellow now-a-days!

Cheerful and 'sunny'.

I'm right now thinking of painting a kitchen wall or two in bright yellow, with Chartreuse window trim.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I love the color yellow, but can't wear it with my coloring. I love all of your shades of yellow pictured very soft and muted.

@manny2    If you can't wear yellow around your face, and many women can't, try a pair of bright yellow pants or a skirt.  I got a pair of yellow Diane Gilman jeans a couple years ago and have gotten a lot of milage out of them.  They seem to go with everything, a great neutral. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@manny2    If you can't wear yellow around your face, and many women can't, try a pair of bright yellow pants or a skirt.  I got a pair of yellow Diane Gilman jeans a couple years ago and have gotten a lot of milage out of them.  They seem to go with everything, a great neutral. 

Yes, @Kachina624 that is exactly what I do now wear it on the bottom. It is a great way to add color.

Honored Contributor

@ladycos    Love that soft yellow Brahmin.  I could really get a lot of use out of that.  It would go with everything. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY 

Thanks for the sunshine wishes!

My kitchen is a pale yellow right now. It was hard for me to get the right shade that worked in tone lighting of my kitchen. I would love to go for very lemon yellow in there,  but I'm a little chicken, haha. If you do paint, please share with us. I think yellow is so bright and cheerful. 

And... that's why I had to wear the white shirt because even though I have dark brown hair I'm a little pale to pull off the yellow up near my face. But like you I love the accessories in the yellow. 
I read somewhere that if you wanted to wear yellow that you should wear red lipstick...Mmm I not a red lipstick kind of gal. But it might work for others. 😊

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

It is a pretty shade of yellow. I had promised myself not to buy anymore bags this year but I couldn't quit thinking about it. Brahmin has 50.00 off 250.00 right now and I had a 25.00 coupon.  So my promise to myself flew right out the door, oh well.. It makes me smile to look at it.