Honored Contributor

The day after Joan passed, the news said her procedure should have been done in a hospital as they could have saved her. I really miss Joan and I hope Melissa receives justice for her mother's death.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

GOOD FOR MELISSA...I hope to one day hear a bio from Melissa. That girl has lost both parents in tragic ways.

Super Contributor

Good, this should never happen to another person. It won't bring her mom back, but maybe she can save someone else's.

Honored Contributor

Wishing Melissa the very best of luck.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor
BOYINTX ~ great point, I completely agree about the bio!
Trusted Contributor
Still a rumor from a "friend" of Joan's, not fact yet.
Esteemed Contributor

Such a tragedy when a person does not have to die. Even though she was not young, Joan had a lot of life left in her, or so it seemed.

Super Contributor
On 10/2/2014 lizzief said: Still a rumor from a "friend" of Joan's, not fact yet.

When you think about it, all news is second hand "rumor", in a way. Unless you are really there, say in an area of war, for example, how do you know, for a fact, that what is being reported is true? You have to rely that it is truthful, and assume someone somewhere somehow checked its validity. And for those in the "news": A picture, nowadays, is worth a thousand photoshops, in some cases.

Honored Contributor
I am by NO MEANS in favor of lawyering up after a tragic loss, but in this case i say "GO MELISSA". This should never have happened, and a suit will never bring Joan back, but active vibrant women of a certain age are entitled to safe practices in medical care, just as everyone else is. In this case, I truly think someone dropped the ball, and should be held responsible.
Super Contributor
On 10/3/2014 violann said: I am by NO MEANS in favor of lawyering up after a tragic loss, but in this case i say "GO MELISSA". This should never have happened, and a suit will never bring Joan back, but active vibrant women of a certain age are entitled to safe practices in medical care, just as everyone else is. In this case, I truly think someone dropped the ball, and should be held responsible.
I have to agree this should have never have happened to Joan. I'm not sure what's truth or rumor regarding Melissa and a lawsuit but either way I wish her the best. Still can't believe she's really gone,she was in talks for so many future projects at 81 Joan was in the prime of her career.