Honored Contributor

Re: Melissa McCarthy's New Clothing Line

I watched part of 3 videos.  Did she ever get out of her chair?  It would have been nice to see how the garments looked on her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

I watched part of 3 videos.  Did she ever get out of her chair?  It would have been nice to see how the garments looked on her.

Yes, a number of times she went over to the models.  JMO but I wasn't impressed with how the items looked on her.  On both shows that I saw, she wore skinny jeans with long dusters that were too much for her height. 

During last night's show, she had on the white jeans and when she went to the model, they were skrunchy and baggy looking around her knee area, like she needed to pull them down at the hem. 

Look at the video for the pencil skirt.  It is very short.  she gets up and is facing front. You can see what I mean about her jeans and the duster. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Look at the video for the pencil skirt.  It is very short.  she gets up and is facing front. You can see what I mean about her jeans and the duster. 

Hi Ms Diva, I stopped watching that video about 5 seconds too soon.  That outfit was not a good look.

Honored Contributor

The line looks cheap to me with high prices for what is being presented.  I'll pass.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I watched for quite a while last night and never once saw her get out of the chair.  Agree with you - would have been nice to see how they looked on her.

Honored Contributor

the SUNSHINE BRAND is behind her clothing line. they also do the diane gilman line, american rag at macys, peoples liberation, eva longoria, and Seven7. http://sunrisebrands.com/company/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I briefly tuned in.  Wow, Melissa sure has a nice speaking voice, good grammar, etc.  I like her demeanor. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I tuned into the show and was pretty impressed. I like her style. I get what she is doing, but unfortunately, I couldn't order anything. Her sizing only went to 4. I need smaller and am hoping she will come out with a broader range, perhaps in the line at Macy's. I was plus size for a long time and remember having trouble finding clothes that I thought were "cool". She is on to something and I wish her the best of luck! It's nice to see a line from someone famous who actually KNOWS about clothes (what a concept, right Woman Wink) and the fact that she is designing for realistic sizing is fabulous. What a great gal! I like her even more because of it...

~there is never an excuse to be unkind~
Trusted Contributor

Ladies and gents - I got e-mail from Kohl's that they are selling the Seven7 brand, but jeans only(at least so far). .

You can look them up on the Kohl's website.

I really want the flared jeans that are on HSN and unfortunately I don't see those on the Kohl's site. :-(

Super Contributor

I never shop on HSN but tried these clothes.  For almost everyone, the distressed jeans were returned because they were at least 1-2 sizes too large!  This was after the host said to buy your B and M size.  This seems to be a problem with every line but you'd think this would have been discovered way before they were mass produced!  Everyone thought they were very comfortable, slimming and cute though.

I purchased the poncho and I think I'll throw it on a lot. I love that MM showed where she put in the seam in the arm to keep it from being unwieldly.  I shy away from ponchos, scarfs, etc. because they tend to be just too much trouble for me and too overwhelming on my 5' 2" frame. (Which btw is MM"s too.  Who knew? She said she makes up for it by being loud lol!) I do think she is an inspiration.

That said, the line is pricey and is mostly poly from what I saw.