Valued Contributor

Re: Melissa McCarthy's New Clothing Line

Amazing  presentation by Melissa McCarthy on HSN, so professional.  She really understands fashion, materials, and fit.  So impressed with ease of rapport with the host.  No one talking over the other.  Thought the prices were high, hard to tell when you cannot feel the garment.

Honored Contributor

I liked the long open front sweater with the fringe, but didn't buy it because of the price.

Respected Contributor

Although I like Melissa, I think she really missed the mark with these clothes. She had the perfect opportunity to bring fashions to plus size women designed to fit them perfectly and flatter their figures. Instead she brought clothing that was a mish mash of designs that looked like clothes from someone's home ec class....

Classic, elegant designs would have been a lot more appealing and most of all flattering to everyone's figure whether they be plus size or missy..

Respected Contributor

I've never seen her appear in a classic, elegant design.  I hope she fired the stylists that helped her land on the Fashion Police worst dress list after every Red Carpet event  she appeared.

Honored Contributor

Eighty nine dollars for a poly blouse?  I don't think so.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

That's really mean to say is it a comment about her style or weight?

@ValuSkr wrote:

I haven't seen her items but she certainly doesn't look like a fashion plate.  We'll have to hope for the best.

She didn't imply or say anything about her weight.

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I haven't seen her items but she certainly doesn't look like a fashion plate.  We'll have to hope for the best.

Not even close.

Trusted Contributor

@VioletEyes wrote:

Although I like Melissa, I think she really missed the mark with these clothes. She had the perfect opportunity to bring fashions to plus size women designed to fit them perfectly and flatter their figures. Instead she brought clothing that was a mish mash of designs that looked like clothes from someone's home ec class....

Classic, elegant designs would have been a lot more appealing and most of all flattering to everyone's figure whether they be plus size or missy..

I agree with you but think this is a tall order for someone who is really just an actress.  I guess she brought pieces that she herself like or enjoys wearing.

Honored Contributor

I don't think that skin tight pencil skirt is a good look on any body...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I watched the show tonight.  I don't think Melissa's clothing was Colleen's style, but Colleen was of course a professional and said lots of nice things, even about the blue jeans with rips and holes.