Frequent Contributor

Re: Melania's dress at the Liberty Ball

@cherry wrote:

It's going to be fun, to have a bunch of children, in the White House again

I agree! It was cute to see the kids around the desk when POTUS was signing the documents. And I was tickled to see Barron playing Peek-A-Boo with the baby. Truly a sweet moment!

Frequent Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

OK, when in my 20's I wore shoes that high, loved them.  Then moving on, the heels got smaller and smaller but Melania is in her 40's and she is incredible, to actually get out of the car 3 times yesterday, make that walk after a long long day to the WH and then back this morning with another pair of heels, I give her so much credit, just love every minute of who's wearing what, that what we all need.

I totally agree with you...not to mention the gazillion steps at the Capital that she had to navigate after it had just rained. Silly me, I think I was holding my breath at that moment. I was relieved for her that they were able to stop in the middle of the staircase. Even the women commentators on TV made mention of it. LOL!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1... About Melania's decision to stay in NYC, ostensibly until the end of the school year... While I'm not bothered by it, I get that it's odd for the First Lady not to reside in the White House... I also wondered if there was more to it, given that it seems like maybe it would make sense to get her son settled in the school to which he'll be going for the next several years as soon as possible. I assume him to be in 5th grade, or so, and lots of kids transfer schools when their parents move... All that said, as you might remember I live in the DC area and can honestly say that if given a choice, I'd opt for NYC too... Nothing against DC, but, well, it is what it is... Then again, I'm not the First Lady. Of course, commuting won't be a problem...

I see your point Stevie, but I've spoken to some of my friends...they doubt she ever moves there.

I'd rather stay in NYC if I was comfortable there and didn't want to leave, but the First Lady should live in the White House.  

We shall see if she ever truly does move there full time!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
People including myself continually seem to forget, Barron 10... looks older than his years do to his height. First Lady, From all reports very much devoted to her family and especially! Son. I have no problem with him finishing school year, Not to mention this gives the opportunity to choose wisely his next school. Transition very busy time for everyone involved. Watching young Barron past few days he's doing wonderfully. Let's give the family a chance.
Esteemed Contributor

I like seeing all the fashions, including the children.  Thanks to all who posted pictures.  

Valued Contributor

All the children looked beautiful. 

It must have taken quite a while to coordinate all of their outfits for all of the events.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
People including myself continually seem to forget, Barron 10... looks older than his years do to his height. First Lady, From all reports very much devoted to her family and especially! Son. I have no problem with him finishing school year, Not to mention this gives the opportunity to choose wisely his next school. Transition very busy time for everyone involved. Watching young Barron past few days he's doing wonderfully. Let's give the family a chance.

Valid point...if she wants to let him finish out the school year...fine...I just hope she ends up moving there--full time!!   Hopefully, I'm wrong and my friends who feel she will never fully move there are wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@winamac1

there are plenty of EXCELLENT private schools in the DC/MD/VA area. i am not sure just why she and or he chose to do it this way?

it will be interesting to see if she actually DOES make a permanent move down here. i am a bit sceptical at this point.

@sunshine45- Melania, during an early interview, stated that she is a mother and wife first (in that order) and her own person.  I am sure Barron was discussed before D even ran.  Melania is not just a beautiful woman but very independent and bright and values education.  Not only has DT been attacked in the press but so has Barron and I find that disgraceful.  Melania has one child, is devoted and very protective.  

DT chose to send his three eldest children away to boarding to protect them and Melania may do the same but it involves research.  She has had little time and has been busy with the campaign, inauguration but always Barron.  Her husband is a polarizing figure and to hurt him, the press will use Barron....Chelsea C wrote an open letter to the press to lay off Barron. 

There are many fine schools in the Washington area, yes....but KAC is having difficulty finding one that suits her conservative values where her children will be welcome....Sidwell is usually mentioned re to the First Family but this family is very different and Sidwell may not be for Barron....I think Melania will broaden her search but may place Barron in a school like The Hill where Donald and Eric attended in order to protect him but close enough to D.C. 

Barron has been thrust in the middle of a bitter election and the aftermath; he is only 10.  I am sure Melania is preparing him for a lifestyle change, to hear rhetoric about a Dad he loves, why he may see bad things about himself in the papers and for a big change in his living accommodations.  I mean Barron has a floor to himself in Trump Tower!  It's a lot for a 10 year old innocent kid....why rip him out of school mid year away from friends and a school that is outstanding and he may love....too much has been taken away from this child already.

Melania isn't necessary to assist her husband with his job as President but she will fulfill the role as First Lady when necessary wherever she may be.  

I dont think there is anything sinister or hidden....she is a mother like any mother protecting her child and making informed decision re his welfare and education. 

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@winamac1

there are plenty of EXCELLENT private schools in the DC/MD/VA area. i am not sure just why she and or he chose to do it this way?

it will be interesting to see if she actually DOES make a permanent move down here. i am a bit sceptical at this point.

@sunshine45- Melania, during an early interview, stated that she is a mother and wife first (in that order) and her own person.  I am sure Barron was discussed before D even ran.  Melania is not just a beautiful woman but very independent and bright and values education.  Not only has DT been attacked in the press but so has Barron and I find that disgraceful.  Melania has one child, is devoted and very protective.  

DT chose to send his three eldest children away to boarding to protect them and Melania may do the same but it involves research.  She has had little time and has been busy with the campaign, inauguration but always Barron.  Her husband is a polarizing figure and to hurt him, the press will use Barron....Chelsea C wrote an open letter to the press to lay off Barron. 

There are many fine schools in the Washington area, yes....but KAC is having difficulty finding one that suits her conservative values where her children will be welcome....Sidwell is usually mentioned re to the First Family but this family is very different and Sidwell may not be for Barron....I think Melania will broaden her search but may place Barron in a school like The Hill where Donald and Eric attended in order to protect him but close enough to D.C. 

Barron has been thrust in the middle of a bitter election and the aftermath; he is only 10.  I am sure Melania is preparing him for a lifestyle change, to hear rhetoric about a Dad he loves, why he may see bad things about himself in the papers and for a big change in his living accommodations.  I mean Barron has a floor to himself in Trump Tower!  It's a lot for a 10 year old innocent kid....why rip him out of school mid year away from friends and a school that is outstanding and he may love....too much has been taken away from this child already.

Melania isn't necessary to assist her husband with his job as President but she will fulfill the role as First Lady when necessary wherever she may be.  

I dont think there is anything sinister or hidden....she is a mother like any mother protecting her child and making informed decision re his welfare and education. 

I agree with Sunshine's comments.  

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@winamac1

I agree with Sunshine's comments.  

I agree with all of us who have the "wait and see" opinion over the First Lady moving to Washington, D.C.  She understands her obligations to her son, husband and nation and will fulfill them.  She knows all of the "gossip" concerning her/him, and I think everybody should leave him alone like they have done for other President kids.