Trusted Contributor

Re: Melania's dress at the Liberty Ball

@Hoovermom

I'm still wondering why you singled me out for negative posts about the inauguration.

It simply is not true.

Honored Contributor

Children should always be off-limits, imo. They did not choose this life they have been thrust into.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@winamac1... About Melania's decision to stay in NYC, ostensibly until the end of the school year... While I'm not bothered by it, I get that it's odd for the First Lady not to reside in the White House... I also wondered if there was more to it, given that it seems like maybe it would make sense to get her son settled in the school to which he'll be going for the next several years as soon as possible. I assume him to be in 5th grade, or so, and lots of kids transfer schools when their parents move... All that said, as you might remember I live in the DC area and can honestly say that if given a choice, I'd opt for NYC too... Nothing against DC, but, well, it is what it is... Then again, I'm not the First Lady. Of course, commuting won't be a problem...

I see your point Stevie, but I've spoken to some of my friends...they doubt she ever moves there.

I'd rather stay in NYC if I was comfortable there and didn't want to leave, but the First Lady should live in the White House.  

We shall see if she ever truly does move there full time!  Smiley Happy

@winamac1 Yep, I too have heard several qualifiers about 'the end of the school year' and I think it's anybody's guess what she'll do... I suspect she'll commute as needed and be some sort of presence in DC but in reality, continue to live in NYC...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Children should always be off-limits, imo. They did not choose this life they have been thrust into.

Yes they should.  I thought it was ironic that Chelsea C spoke out about this.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@Hoovermom

I'm still wondering why you singled me out for negative posts about the inauguration.

It simply is not true.

@abbeythe 8thI saw your post and responded like I did to other posts.  Not my mode of operation to single anybody out.  

Valued Contributor

When doesn't Ivanka look amazing? That dress - wow! I thought Melania looked beautiful too in her dress in a more reserved way - Ivanka was like ALL OUT fabulous! Smiley Very Happy Love it though.

QVC Customer Care

This post has run it's course.  Cindy