Trusted Contributor

Re: Melania's dress at the Liberty Ball

@TY  Thanks for posting great close-ups.  Yikes!  Those are really high!  I can't imagine wearing these for long though I doubt Melania is walking very far:-)  She's 5'11 so no real need to wear these for height, but I guess she loves her heels.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@TY  Thanks for posting great close-ups.  Yikes!  Those are really high!  I can't imagine wearing these for long though I doubt Melania is walking very far:-)  She's 5'11 so no real need to wear these for height, but I guess she loves her heels.

@NJgirl 1205

Yup, I can't imagine heels that high would be comfortable, especially on those marble floors.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Forgive me if this prayer service photo has already been shown in the thread, but now I'm in a "photo-linking" mood, and thought this was cute.  I like Karen Pence's long necklace.  Someone mentioned (it might have been violann?) that her background in arts probably strongly influences her interesting choices in dress.

My only quibble with this striking outfit is the scale.  Karen appears to be petite, or at least she has a "gamine" air, and I think would be a bit more flattered by smaller scaled lapels.  I'm sensitive to that because I have to watch the scale of things too or I start to look overwhelmed.

On the other hand, I'm kind of a recessive "Summer" type, and she seems like a Winter with her stronger and more "contrasting" coloring, so in person she might be able to carry it off beautifully...

@Oznell- I liked this look....I think Vanessa Trump had a similar jacket on when she came off the plane in Md and it seems someone else did as well.  But, I think Mrs Pense looked lovely

Honored Contributor

It's nice to be able to wear very high heels when you are with someone who is taller than you are in heels.

I don't always have that luxury with my boyfriends, but when I do, I enjoy it Smiley Very Happy

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I love Melania's cobalt shoes, but at $675 it will never happen for me!  I saw that Ivanka's velvet shoes are $50 at Nordstrom Rack.  They are her own brand but completely sold out in burgundy.  That's more my price range, but I wonder how comfy they would be.  

Occasional Contributor

Mrs Pence looked lovely. Her dress was beautiful and age appropriate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love!! First Lady's Shoes !!! She never looks in pain.

Respected Contributor

OK, when in my 20's I wore shoes that high, loved them.  Then moving on, the heels got smaller and smaller but Melania is in her 40's and she is incredible, to actually get out of the car 3 times yesterday, make that walk after a long long day to the WH and then back this morning with another pair of heels, I give her so much credit, just love every minute of who's wearing what, that what we all need.

Super Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

One thing I noticed about the jewelry is Ivanka wore her rings on her left middle finger.  I thought that was odd because generally women wear their bridal sets on the "ring" finger next to "pinkie."  Was it a fit issue, or has anyone read the reasoning behind her decision to wear on the middle finger? (other than she just felt like wearing on the middle finger...just wondered if there was any symbolic meaning there)

Ivanka has stated a couple of times that she wears her wedding ring on her right hand.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've loved everything Melania and Ivanka have worn.

I think my least favorite inaugural ball gown was worn by Donald Jr.'s wife, Vanessa.  Didn't care for the striped pattern and too form fitting (mermaid like)--one photo I saw looked like it would rip open if she took a deep breath.  Maybe it looked better from other angles, though?

I liked the the color of Mrs. Pence's blue gown.  It really popped and was a very flattering color choice for her.  I saw where she got some negative press about the white/cream colored gown she wore the previous night.  From what I could tell, it looked like the fabric of that dress may not have photographed very well and looked better in person.  I thought it was nice that she chose to wear a designer from her home state of Indiana.

@wildcat fan- I didn't like Vanessa's dress either.  She was a designer and model before she married Donald and she also dated Leonardo DiCaprio....she does have 5 kids and tho she is very pretty but not quite as svelte as Lara, Melania or Ivanka....I don't know who designed the dress or maybe she did....but it was a miss.

Mrs Pence looked lovely and her husband appeared to like her dress and you can tell they are a loving couple and family....I hope they are thick skinned because people can be so cruel...as long as she's happy with what she wears and in her comfort level, it's fine....everyone has hits and misses.  And, I liked the gown with her dark hair....

I attended an event last year also attended by some from the trump family including Vanessa and Donald Jr., and OMG is she ever gorgeous.  Very very thin too, so can't imagine calling her anything but svelte.  They are all very tall girls and I felt dwarfed despite being 5;9".  Then again I don't really wear 5" heelsSmiley Tongue

Image result for vanessa trump

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've loved everything Melania and Ivanka have worn.

I think my least favorite inaugural ball gown was worn by Donald Jr.'s wife, Vanessa.  Didn't care for the striped pattern and too form fitting (mermaid like)--one photo I saw looked like it would rip open if she took a deep breath.  Maybe it looked better from other angles, though?

I liked the the color of Mrs. Pence's blue gown.  It really popped and was a very flattering color choice for her.  I saw where she got some negative press about the white/cream colored gown she wore the previous night.  From what I could tell, it looked like the fabric of that dress may not have photographed very well and looked better in person.  I thought it was nice that she chose to wear a designer from her home state of Indiana.

@wildcat fan- I didn't like Vanessa's dress either.  She was a designer and model before she married Donald and she also dated Leonardo DiCaprio....she does have 5 kids and tho she is very pretty but not quite as svelte as Lara, Melania or Ivanka....I don't know who designed the dress or maybe she did....but it was a miss.

Mrs Pence looked lovely and her husband appeared to like her dress and you can tell they are a loving couple and family....I hope they are thick skinned because people can be so cruel...as long as she's happy with what she wears and in her comfort level, it's fine....everyone has hits and misses.  And, I liked the gown with her dark hair....

I attended an event last year also attended by some from the trump family including Vanessa and Donald Jr., and OMG is she ever gorgeous.  Very very thin too, so can't imagine calling her anything but svelte.  They are all very tall girls and I felt dwarfed despite being 5;9".  Then again I don't really wear 5" heelsSmiley Tongue

Image result for vanessa trump

@NJgirl 1205- she does look Svelte in this picture, maybe just her choices over the weekend made her look a little heavier than the rest.  I didn't like her gown and the other times I saw her she was in a coat.