Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Melania's dress at the Liberty Ball

Ivanka and Jared look like  wedding cake toppers, they are such a beautiful couple

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Melania's dress was designed by someone who worked for C. Herrera and now designs on his own....didn't catch the name but has dressed other political figures and famous people.

@phoenixbrd- Herve Pierre....but it was a collaboration with Melania....Herve is in NYC and worked 14 years for CH and prior to that the House of Balmain.  

Herve Pierre needs to brace himself ...he will be in the papers tomorrow.  Of course he was honored and knew the consequences that he was selected.  

@phoenixbrd- he has designed for Melania before and  felt it was a pleasure....this isn't Melania's first ball ....he is in NYC as were all the designers she has selected so far...

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Stray~

Didn't they mention Jason Wu at some point? Did you hear what they said?

@on the bay- no I know he designed for Michelle Obama....but Herve worked with Melania on this gown and she had a hand in the design...

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I haven't liked anything Melania has worn for the inauguration festivities. I guess we just have very different tastes.

@willdob3- loved it all! 

Valued Contributor

The FLOTUS dress silloutte was simple and elegant and soft creamy white suited her and of course being a former model, she wore it well.  The first daughter, Ivanka's dress was too over the top and upstaged her stepmother which either by design or accident was inappropriate.  The rest of the Trump family's attire was event proper and nothing of note.

The VP's spouse dress was not the right color as it competed with her and it was too much material for a smaller frame overwhelming her.  She needs a better stylist to help in public presentation, though she was not the star of the show, understandably. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Tiffany's gown was lovely and youthful.  Hers was designed by an Iranian lady in LA, Simon Couture and apparently designed for her before.  I think this was Tiff's best look.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for the way Melania dresses!! Mrs.Pence looks dowdy!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I have a feeling Ivanka's bun will be all the rage for women, and her hairdresser will be much sought after

While I liked the hair I thought it rather matronly for such a gorgeous young woman.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I have a feeling Ivanka's bun will be all the rage for women, and her hairdresser will be much sought after

While I liked the hair I thought it rather matronly for such a gorgeous young woman.

I thought it was beautiful

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don't care for the way Melania dresses!! Mrs.Pence looks dowdy!!

It made her look grandmotherly.